Duck Gumbo!!!!!!!................it has a pic too

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by asu-indian View Post
    The real question is if you use beans in your chili? Also, how many hunting trips do you go on each year. I'm jealous.
    Lol. Never beams in my chili. And not near enough hunting trips

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Cajun shooter View Post
        More stirring. Gumbo is a cajun dish. New Orleans is in no way shape or form cajun... There are Cajuns in New Orleans and your wife’s family may be cajun but just because they are from New Orleans means nothing, as far as gumbo goes. Most Cajuns are in or originated in Acadiana, their family names. Are typically obviously French, Fontenot, Thibideaux, Guillory, Joubert......etc.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have since come to work with a bona fide Cajun with last name Michel from Houma, LA. Verified everything you said is true! Good facts for conversation you supplied. My wife’s fam’s last names are Albert Deichmann Maestri and Harmon. Don’t think their Cajun at all. Thanks for the edjumacation. [emoji1303]

Comment

Originally posted by CJ776 View Post
          I have since come to work with a bona fide Cajun with last name Michel from Houma, LA. Verified everything you said is true! Good facts for conversation you supplied. My wife’s fam’s last names are Albert Deichmann Maestri and Harmon. Don’t think their Cajun at all. Thanks for the edjumacation. [emoji1303]

[emoji106]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Gonna have to try this!

Comment

Cooking a huge one this weekend

Comment

Mmmmmmm
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post
                  Mmmmmmm
                  That's what I'm talking about. Dark roux, and yes I like okra and maters in mine. Believe I'll get some going this evening for tomorrow nights dinner. Ain't got no duck, we'll nothing but divers anyway so chicken it is.

Comment

28 birds soaking now... that’s all I got this season

Comment

Delete tomatoes and add boiled eggs!

Comment

Tomatoes in gumbo is about like beans in chili. I've been in Southern Louisiana for three months now and a lot of times to break the ice with people I mention that I like tomatoes in my gumbo. The looks I get make me LOL. People always follow a look of disgust with a "There ain't no tomatoes in gumbo!". I personally like beans in my chili.

I also like to tell people that I use instant potatoes when I boil crawfish, that Subway sandwiches are po'boys and that hot dogs are miniature sausage po'boys.

Comment

Got me ready for big Duck season

Comment

Does anybody throw a scoop of potato salad on top their gumbo and cover it in Cholula hot sauce?

Comment

Trying this

Comment

Working...
                              X