Solution

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Solution

California wants to be their own entity. In other words break away from the United States. Secede. I'll offer a solution. Draw a horizontal line about a hundred miles north of Barstow running east to west along whatever latitude it hits. Everything south of there to the Mexican border is Military Reservation. Everything north of there is California, and they can do with what they want.
    No shots fired, no arguments.
    The U.S. would retain most of the bases in California with the loss of Travis Air Force Base. The part-time reservist army camp close by would be no big loss. Whoever lives in the Greater Los Angeles area would have the choice to move north, or to move south, or east into the United States, or stay, and support of the various military installations.
    God help the foreigner caught on United States Military Reservation.

Sounds good

Comment

Can we leave out this option?

Originally posted by Brute Killer View Post
      Whoever lives in the Greater Los Angeles area would have the choice to move east into the United States.

I don't think we should let them in.

Comment

Originally posted by all3lemmons View Post
        I don't think we should let them in.
        With proper papers, of course. Lol

Comment

I forgot about the Marine Mountain Warfare training area. It could be relocated, I guess.

Comment

New California would fail quickly and turn into a wasteland and blame it all on the United States for lack of support and sufficient foreign aid.

Comment

Or, the US Navy blockades their ports, and the National Guard blocks roads in and out. Power from Nevada is shut off, and California gives up in two weeks. Same as what would happen if Texas or any other state tried it. The US is not just going to give up major ports or coastlines without exercising its might. These are critical strategic, defensive, and economic resources.

No gasoline, no food, no tourism or air traffic, no port activity, no nothing except a true flood of illegals pouring across the border in an attempt to take back land for Mexico. The secessionists will get choked out without the US even breaking a sweat.

Comment

the best thing to do is to simply annex Mexico and make it the 51st state. Give all the mexicans a SS # and say now you are welcomed to come and go as you please. Lots if wilderness in Mexico to be settled for cheap, we could then leave all the progressives to the inter-cities to bask in their utopia until they turn on one another.

Comment

Except we kind of need the ports in LA and Long Beach. Love the idea of it all though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

One of these days the big shaker will hit on that fault line and SanFran and LA will slide off into the deep blue and then Cali can go back to being a livable place. I just hope Pelosi is at home and Schumer is visiting her when it happens.

Comment

Originally posted by OldRiverRat View Post
                      the best thing to do is to simply annex Mexico and make it the 51st state. Give all the mexicans a SS # and say now you are welcomed to come and go as you please. Lots if wilderness in Mexico to be settled for cheap, we could then leave all the progressives to the inter-cities to bask in their utopia until they turn on one another.
                      I'm with you .

Comment

Originally posted by muzzlebrake View Post
                        One of these days the big shaker will hit on that fault line and SanFran and LA will slide off into the deep blue and then Cali can go back to being a livable place. I just hope Pelosi is at home and Schumer is visiting her when it happens.
                        The last thing I want to for their cities to be destroyed and all of us pay to rebuild Cali... No freaking way. Nuke it maybe or let the whole State sink so fast no one escapes maybe.

But better to let them be their own Country for better or worse.

Comment

Working...
                        X