Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Your “Political Correctness” story of the day.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
    I hate people...
    lol .... only the stupid ones ....... and that number is growing daily

Comment

Well I guess this is a racist machine and needs a name change to cotton stripper. Now who's offended?
      Attached Files

Comment

He is a baller! !!!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

Next thing you'll hear is that Oreo cookies are raaaaacist.

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
            So the other night in OKC, Russell Westbrook was having a great night - in the zone - with every shot falling and making amazing passes. The Thunder’s TV play-by-play announcer exclaimed “Westbrook is out of his cotton-pickin’ mind tonight! He has been suspended for one game for the “offensive racial comment” because you know, slaves used to pick cotton. The announcer had to make a groveling public apology. Did it ever occur to you that saying “cotton-pickin’ could possibly be a slur? I’ve heard that for my entire life.
            My mom used to pick cotton. Does that make me half black?

Comment

Originally posted by muzzlebrake View Post
              Well I guess this is a racist machine and needs a name change to cotton stripper. Now who's offended?
              That's a big wide stripper. See, now you offended large women who dance for money!

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
                I feel guilty every time I open a new bottle of aspirin and look inside.
                An old friend of mine from HS who was black (relevant) would always ask me to pick the cotton out of his supplement bottles as he always put it, "I aint pickin no cotton" haha

Comment

This reminds me of a video of a hilarious dude talking about a field trip in school to pick cotton. Language NOT suitable for for most work places (or homes):

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PToqVW4n86U"]Picking cotton on a racist fieldtrip - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

That's the video I was referring to. I'm just not crazy enough to post it.

That guy is hilarious.

Comment

Originally posted by awry View Post
                      lol .... only the stupid ones ....... and that number is growing daily
                      What is your estimation up to as a percentage? Im pushing past 90 percent myself.

Comment

Originally posted by sir shovelhands View Post
                        Huh, I always thought of it as a way for old people to avoid dropping the F-bomb or g-****.
                        Originally posted by rattler03 View Post
                        No sir, you are wrong it's clearly a racial slur
                        No, it was used to refer to southerners

Linguist Gary Martin over at The Phrase Finder has found that "cotton-picking" is actually a pretty old term, dating back to the first European cotton plantations in the 1700s, but that it only really showed up as an adjective in the 1940s. And in the examples he found, it referred to Southerners in general, not just blacks.

Comment

Originally posted by Froggy View Post
                          That's the video I was referring to. I'm just not crazy enough to post it.

That guy is hilarious.
                          Lmao!!! Good stuff

Comment

My grandma picked cotton growing up. Picked it until her fingers were sore and bled.

Comment

Working...
                            X