My brother's in New Zealand Stag hunting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tuthdoc View Post
    Just got an email from Jerry Wascom in NZ. My brother shot a stag. Said it was a good one. I'm waiting on the story and pics.
    What a lucky dog.

Comment

Amazing!

Comment

Holy crap! that thing is huge!

Comment

Is that Bobby?

Comment

Just got off the phone with him. He said the horns weighed 14.5 kg which is the way they score in Europe. Wascom's 460+ weighed 15 kg. and was 60 inches wide.

Bobby said they were roaring and fighting big time. His was the main fighter. They found him in a valley and he got to 42 yards. The stag was fighting with another stag and when they stopped, he sent a 3 blade rage through the shoulder. He ran and slowed and tumbled at less than 40 steps.

Comment

Originally posted by tuthdoc View Post
              Just got off the phone with him. He said the horns weighed 14.5 kg which is the way they score in Europe. Wascom's 460+ weighed 15 kg. and was 60 inches wide.

Bobby said they were roaring and fighting big time. His was the main fighter. They found him in a valley and he got to 42 yards. The stag was fighting with another stag and when they stopped, he sent a 3 blade rage through the shoulder. He ran and slowed and tumbled at less than 40 steps.
              now thats a hunt to remember! Awesome

Comment

What an amazing animal! Congrats!

Comment

that is a beast!!!!!!!!

Comment

He said that the 320's and 330's would have been big enough. He said they all look BIG. He wanted a 340 to 360 class animal. Jerry saw this one from a distance when he was hunting his and suggested that Bobby take a look at him. They had him figured at 360ish and Bobby said if he was a 360 then he'd go bigger for that animal. After the successful hunt, they knew they had missed him by a bunch. First score was like 397. They had him officially scored at 387. Bigger than what he went after, but with the mass, he was thrilled. I think he said the bases were over 11 inches. I may have to go get me one of those, but I'll probably be happy with a smaller one...especially if I'm paying.

Comment

Sign me up tuth. I will share the plane ride over with you. That is tops of my wish list. Probably never happen, but that is the top animal. I also want a big Midwest/canada whitetail. Big Mulie, couple carribu, and maybe an elk. No bears for me. No interest in Bears.

Comment

Wow!! What a brute of a stag and an awesome experience. New Zealand will be high on the list when I get back from Africa!!

Congrats to your brother!!

Comment

Nice Stag!!!! Congrats.

Comment

Working...
                          X