• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Awesome

Comment

Sweet

Comment

Originally posted by Backwoods101 View Post
        Your lucky to be alive lol. When you get a chance,could you take another picture? I'd like to see it now that the grass has grown back.
        HAHA, it pretty much looks the same, not much grass grows in the area where the blind is.

Comment

So is it cooler than a pop up?
          I'm surprised that the bottom didn't cave in when you back filled with dirt.
          The only way snakes are going to get in is if the bottom of window was right at ground level and left open.

I kind of like the idea considering the use of equipment to dig hole. Shovels don't fit my hands very well now

Comment

It is cooler than a pop up for sure and no issues with cave ins. Window is always closed when I am not in it but I do think about a snake crawling in while I am hunting....it helps me stay awake.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
              I would insulate now, if for no other reason than noise dampening. I love the idea of a pit blind, but digging the hole doesn't sound that fun...

And I would think being in the ground would make it cooler than above ground....no?
              I agree with the being in the ground.

Comment

hows it looking with all this rain lately?

Comment

Cool! One more project I can add to my to do list.

Comment

Bringing this back up. How well is the scent control? Do you still worry about wind direction ? I might be building one soon, and wondered how much it helped. My place is really only hunt able in the evenings with a south wind. Would love to be able to hunt it and not have to worry so much on the wind.

Comment

Working...
                    X