Updated Rally Points for those going to help with a boat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eagles405 View Post
    Have a friend in Beaumont who works for Texas parks and wildlife and has been driving an air boat all day. Says they despritely need more air boats and shallow water boats to help rescue people! Please pass the word on

Where?

Well would you just look at thaaat!!

Comment

Originally posted by SKLOSS View Post
      Where?

Well would you just look at thaaat!!

All over mid county will likely need help tomorrow. It is getting real bad and looks like we have another 6-8 hours of it.

Comment

Originally posted by TX CHICKEN View Post
        All over mid county will likely need help tomorrow. It is getting real bad and looks like we have another 6-8 hours of it.
        TTT
        big help needed in port Arthur and groves

Comment

Everything ive been relayed is that they are really needing shallow boats, IE: air boats, surface drives, flounder boats, skiffs, flats, etc.

I had a buddy that took his 18ft aluminum boat down there and in most places he had to raise his outboard up and use his trolling motor to get to people. If you have a tunnel hull with a jackplate, should be fine as well.

I personally would not recommend to bring a glass boat unless you absolutely need to.

Comment

Originally posted by ultralite09 View Post
            Everything ive been relayed is that they are really needing shallow boats, IE: air boats, surface drives, flounder boats, skiffs, flats, etc.

I had a buddy that took his 18ft aluminum boat down there and in most places he had to raise his outboard up and use his trolling motor to get to people. If you have a tunnel hull with a jackplate, should be fine as well.

I personally would not recommend to bring a glass boat unless you absolutely need to.
            I agree. Deep V boats are going to be pretty limited as the water starts to fall and finding places to get them back on the trailer is going to be an issue IMO

Comment

After visiting with my parents via phone, looks like most of the low lying areas in south Orange County and Jefferson County could use help with extracting flood victims.

Rwc

Comment

Please post on one of the current threads, any news on access into the Beaumont area then into Bridge City. I am leaving Waco area headed that way as soon as I get confirm a path in. I also would greatly appreciate a PM giving me a heads up.

Prayer sent for all effected.

Rwc

Comment

Working...
                X