Big Buck Down

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Big Buck Down

I have hunted all over Texas for about the past 40 years. I have also hunted Mexico for the past 6 years. Low fence ranches. The biggest deer that I have managed to kill up to this point is probably about 160” or so. I have been really wanting to kill a really large typical framed buck. I have seen a few 180-200 but was never able to get close enough or have a good enough shot to pull the trigger. Recently, someone sent me a picture of a few very large bucks that were actually larger than what I was looking for. The ranch is also high fenced. I saw a buck that I definitely wanted to hunt and scheduled the hunt. I arrived with the guide and got ready to go after the beast. The buck I had in mind had been visiting one area in particular recently so we decided to start there. We loaded up in the Can Am in the dark and off we went. We arrived at the Ranch King blind and settled in. As the sun stated rising the woods started coming alive. Birds, squirrels, and a few deer wandered in and out of view. I was glassing all over the place hoping to get a look at the buck.A few other deer came to the feeder but still not him. A little while later, the big buck finally showed up. I was amazed that he looked every bit as big as he did in the pics. I got the gun out the window a put the crosshairs on him. He kept his rear towards me the whole time though and walked straight away back into the brush without presenting a shot. It was frustrating. So close but didn’t happen. We waited for another hour or so and I saw a doe coming through the woods. He was behind her. I put the gun out of the window and got ready, again. He came out about 250 yards away and walked straight towards me until he got to 162 yards. He stopped there facing me and didn’t move for 5 minutes according to my video. I had no shot, again. Finally, he took a few steps and got broadside. The 162 ELD-X did it’s job. I was pumped! We waited 20-25 minutes and found him less than 20 yards from where he was shot. Relief finally. I will probably never kill a bigger buck in my lifetime. He scored 253.Here he is.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by dc1986; 11-28-2017, 12:36 PM.

Good lord...i can't even imagine something like that

Comment

Holy smokes, awesome buck!

Comment

WOW! Congrats!

Comment

WOW....what a trophy!
          Congrats!

Comment

Yikes, what a monster! Congrats!

Comment

Congratulations

Comment

That's what I am talking about! Congrats on a beautiful animal!

Comment

Awesome. Congrats

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

Wow, beautiful deer.

Comment

Gorgeous buck! Congrats!

Comment

Big ol buck right there!! Congrats.

Comment

huge buck!!!