DFW driving south Friday rush hour which way

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DFW driving south Friday rush hour which way

Up here for meetings tomorrow. Probably won't get out until after 4pm so know that rush hour is going to be terrible trying to get south of DFW. What's the best way to go? According to Google it's pretty much the same distance and time. I'm thinking of going toward Ft. Worth.

Click image for larger version

Name:	DFW.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	48.1 KB
ID:	25148708

Of those choices I would stay on 35E S.....especially if you can get out around 4 and beat the 5 oclock stuff

Comment

there are closing parts of 75 starting Friday, would suggest 35 myself depending on origin

Comment

Don't take 35W through Ft. Worth. Construction is brutal.

Comment

I would wait and ask Waze on Friday.

Comment

Stay east

Comment

Originally posted by Japeatr View Post
              there are closing parts of 75 starting Friday, would suggest 35 myself depending on origin
              Believe it's just in Plano--between renner Rd & 15th street both north & south. Starts sat morning until mon morning

Comment

Thanks for the replies. I'll check Waze before I head out and go from there. If the same, I'll do 35E S.

Comment

I would take George Bush/161 to I20 take 20 west to 360 south to 287. 287 to 67 and 67 to either 35e or 35w. You could also take 917 off of 287 in Mansfield to 35w. There is no good way at that time only ones that move a little faster than others.

Comment

I am too lazy for Waze, i just look at google maps and check the color. Not the best way of doing things, maybe i just like looking at maps ha

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Comment

I drive south from dfw to San Antonio everyday. I leave at 4pm daily, theres no good way to go about it. Just go south and if traffic starts building, find alternative routes. I use 35w ultimately bc it goes toward san Antonio.

Comment

Originally posted by pervis View Post
                        I drive south from dfw to San Antonio everyday. I leave at 4pm daily, theres no good way to go about it. Just go south and if traffic starts building, find alternative routes. I use 35w ultimately bc it goes toward san Antonio.
                        And I thought my 160 mile round trip commute was bad!

Comment

Originally posted by BigL View Post
                          Thanks for the replies. I'll check Waze before I head out and go from there. If the same, I'll do 35E S.
                          Where exactly are you coming from? The pin looks like Grapevine/Irving/DFW airport area?

The time you are planning on hitting the road will certainly make a difference as will the publics ability to not hit each other....

If you will be in the area I listed above, I would suggest taking 114 east to Loop 12. Loop 12 south to I-20. 20 east to 35E and then heading south. This will allow you to avoid downtown and the mix-master.

If you have a toll tag or don't mind paying for them, you can also take 161 south all the way to 20 and then go east or west (depending on traffic reports) to either 35E or 35W.

Comment

Originally posted by AgHntr10 View Post
                            And I thought my 160 mile round trip commute was bad!
                            What kind of mileage are you getting in your Prius??

Comment

Do NOT take 35w through Fort Worth.

Comment

Working...
                              X