Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

God Bless you. Be Safe!

Comment

Yall be careful out there brother. And be Blessed.

Comment

Cypress wood neighbor hood should be good on boats. We rolled till 3am last night

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

There are trucks with boats driving around everywhere looking for something to do.
          Most are getting sent back. Went to over 5 places today for about a 4 hour period and was told no more boats were needed. This was a big change from yesterday.

Comment

Was in Katy this morn with an airboat. My advice is to jump in and get after it. If you wait around for instruction you'll be turned away or on stand-by. PLENTY of folks there need help and the water is getting worse! Take the white flags down as you rescue and go door to door to make sure all areas are cleared. The area I was in had been upgraded to mandatory evacuation and most residents didn't even know that. Good luck and be safe!

Comment

Originally posted by TXHunter12 View Post
              There are trucks with boats driving around everywhere looking for something to do.
              Most are getting sent back. Went to over 5 places today for about a 4 hour period and was told no more boats were needed. This was a big change from yesterday.
              Head to Dickenson. I'm still getting Facebook notifications help is needed as of Tuesday night

Comment

Originally posted by DapperDan View Post
                Ok. So here's the deal. We launched by dropping the boat and trailer and walking them both until we could get the boat off. The water was between thigh deep and knee deep on the street so we had to walk it through current. Once we got into deeper water it was easier. How ever we got crappy info from someone coordinating this area. We fought through deep water to cross a creek then pushed forward to find the neighborhood we were trying to get into with only 6-8 inches of water... people were driving around!!! Was a waste of time and took a couple hours to get to the location...

Here is the deal. You HAVE to have a shallow water running boat. Launching is a biatch. Surface drive or fan boat is crucial bc of the various water depth. Fiberglass boats take a beating bc of hitting curbs and all other crazy crap under water.

We took some damage to the grottoes cable and drive cable so the boat is out of commission.

Also, they put a 10 pm curfew so anyone in the water past 10 WILL BE ARRESTED!!!

The last pic is showing where we fought through and where we got to. The green is where people were driving around and it was reported flooded...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                On the Google map pic, that blue for where you were is basically at my work. I know barker is flooded, how was park row?

Thanks for getting out there and trying

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Rescue1 View Post
                  On the Google map pic, that blue for where you were is basically at my work. I know barker is flooded, how was park row?

Thanks for getting out there and trying

Don't know about that area. But what I can say is to STAY OUT OF ANY SWIFT WATER! Went to I-10 and uvalde today and we dropped in literally on the freeway. Worked through a bad flooded neighborhood and fortunately didn't find anyone as they had cleared out. Mover further down and came around a corner and was in the middle of swift current with some rolling eddies. Another boat was trapped in trees with 2 guys in it. We tried to work to the area and got sucked sideways in an eddy.

Long story short. Boat needed up sideways in a tree and we ended up in trees as well. Both of us got pulled out as did the guys in the other boat.

DO NOT GO INTO FAST FLOWING WATER. Regardless of the situation.... it could have ended very very bad for us.

Comment

WOW, glad to hear yall are ok, sucks that happened

Comment

Last night was crazy. Got near 100 people out of an evac neighborhood.

Today was a little more crazy since more and more boats are getting into town. It's amazing to see and a great thing. We were just late to areas and they already had more boats than they needed. The national guard and all responder personnel paired with a bunch of air boats make quick work of neighborhoods which was great to see.

If you guys come down....as Dan already said, know your boats limitations. There are crazy street currents and as they drain off reservoirs, the water can come out of nowhere. The human in all of us wants to load that boat with 15 people, but please take a second and think of the additional danger you're placing on those people's lives. If you turn a boat over and everyone isnt wearing pfds, that's a very dangerous situation in this water - especially with any children and elderly.

There are a ton of rescue calls, just be sure you ask around and make sure your boat can handle the water. Multiple civilian rescue centers (pretty much all firestations) will know where you can help out with what equipment you have.

Keep it up fellas. Those not here keep the prayers coming.

Comment

Originally posted by TXHunter12 View Post
                        Download the zello app. There are "dispacthers" on there directing people places.

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk

Comment

I'm here in New Caney going out with the boat at daylight. If someone knows of a location to help please let me know.

Comment

Looks like tonight Katy zello folks are concentrating around highway 6 and 529. Seems a sheriff is telling them that "they expect the levy to break tonight". Saying it will affect Copperfield Place.

If anyone needs a deck hand for tomorrow please let me know.

Comment

Originally posted by hellbndr23 View Post
                              Looks like tonight Katy zello folks are concentrating around highway 6 and 529. Seems a sheriff is telling them that "they expect the levy to break tonight". Saying it will affect Copperfield Place.

If anyone needs a deck hand for tomorrow please let me know.

That levy breaks and it's gonna be bad, even if you're in a boat... think before you jump in.

Comment

Originally posted by DapperDan View Post
                                That levy breaks and it's gonna be bad, even if you're in a boat... think before you jump in.

Yea, there is a sign in at Barnes and noble there. They are calling most back at the moment anticipating the breach.

Comment

Working...
                                X