Filing taxes questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MetalMan2004 View Post
    I’ve not had to do that specifically, but I’ve always been impressed with how well the TurboTax app walks you through everything when I did itemize. With one of the packages you can chat with a CPA as well I believe.

I’m the type to get it done quickly and my wife is a procrastinator as well. I told her the first year that I’ll do the taxes, but in exchange she has to get me her tax info within a reasonable time. She doesn’t want to attempt the taxes so she gets me what I need.
    I have 2 IRAs, a mutual fund account, military retirement, VA check, wife and I both get SS plus I have income from a small lawn mowing service. TurboTax walks me thru it without issues---provided I have all the documents needed.

Comment

I always think that the CPA signature is well worth the price. And it cost about 1K.

Comment

Appreciate all the help so far guys!

Currently looking for one nearby

Comment

I guess the big question is did she file an LLC ? If so, there will be some tax benefits that she can take advantage of for 2018 I believe, it might be 2019 but I am pretty sure it is 2018 as we had this conversation with our CPA friend over the holidays.

We used to use her to do our taxes but she is now in an auditing position and I have been doing my own for the last 5-6 years with TurboTax. I feel that I got the same results doing my own and that is with several rental properties. She was very black and white, no grey areas at all, completely by the book. I will say that with our losses from Hurricane Ike, she was a lifesaver and got us huge returns from our casualty losses and navigated that for 3 years.

I would think you can get it lined out with Turbo Tax pretty easily.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
            I guess the big question is did she file an LLC ? If so, there will be some tax benefits that she can take advantage of for 2018 I believe, it might be 2019 but I am pretty sure it is 2018 as we had this conversation with our CPA friend over the holidays.

We used to use her to do our taxes but she is now in an auditing position and I have been doing my own for the last 5-6 years with TurboTax. I feel that I got the same results doing my own and that is with several rental properties. She was very black and white, no grey areas at all, completely by the book. I will say that with our losses from Hurricane Ike, she was a lifesaver and got us huge returns from our casualty losses and navigated that for 3 years.

I would think you can get it lined out with Turbo Tax pretty easily.
            She did file a LLC.
            Looks like turbo tax keeps getting a good rep.

Appreciate the help

Comment

Working...
            X