My 2 year old’s first custom “Pocketknife”

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My 2 year old’s first custom “Pocketknife”

So my little man will be 3 in February and is obsessed with carrying things in his pockets....... I have to check him daily from daycare to make sure we’re not bringing something home..... lol. He sees that Dad carry’s a knife every day and he wants one pretty desperately. I searched and googled and researched the hell out of it and their just are not good options on “pocketknives” for little kids. They are either ridiculously huge or just in general absolutely absurd. So one of my buddies is a wood worker and we worked up this idea. I couldn’t be more thrilled with how it turned out. Wood handles and a hard piece of rubber running through the length to the “blade”. So here is my little mans first custom knife at 2...... lol

No pic

Comment

He starting a bad habit early!

Comment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

That is pretty cool. Bet ya your son will be some kind of excited to get HIS knife. You should get him a sheath for it to really make him feel big.

Comment

Oh, that is so nice! A suggestion, if you don't mind - you could give him a "knife IOU" that can be redeemed once he shows he is mature enough to have a real knife. I'd suggest something like a metal tag that you can have engraved with an appropriate message. This will give him something tangible he can carry with him, and something to look forward to.

Good luck,

Dave

Comment

Love it!

Comment

Comment

when i was little my grandpa made us folding wood knives that looked pretty sweet. kinda like below but looked better. I bet he is loving it.

Comment

Buddies son had a case that his dad glued shut .. pretty cool

Comment

I thought about the wood options but seeing as he’s 2 those were still a little to aggressive and thought he could probably find a way to hurt himself or something else.

Comment

I agree with above, starting a bad habit early but you gotta start sometime! Nicely done dad

Comment

Comment

Working...
                          X