Marinade for Nilgai Backstrap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Marinade for Nilgai Backstrap

I just sawed off twice nice whole backstraps off a cow nilgai. I want to marinade these bad boys then vacuum seal and freeze with spices and marinades...Can you throw me some good marinade ideas?!?! Much appreciated and ill add pics of what I cook up to share how it turned out!

Originally posted by Todo Chevere View Post
    I just sawed off twice nice whole backstraps off a cow nilgai. I want to marinade these bad boys then vacuum seal and freeze with spices and marinades...Can you throw me some good marinade ideas?!?! Much appreciated and ill add pics of what I cook up to share how it turned out!

Mail them to me and I will marinade them for you.

Comment

Try the killer fajita recipe. (It has its own thread). Serve it medium rare.

Comment

Granted the OP's post was a week ago, but I'm NOT gonna marinate a nilgai backstrap.

The meat (think filet mignon) is to good to mask with additional flavors

My suggestion: let backstrap set out to room temp, generously sprinkle with fresh cracked black peppercorn and kosher salt. Grill over high heat until desired internal temp is achieved.

Optional, top with herb butter or chimichurri sauce

Comment

Working...
        X