gas powered pressure washer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

gas powered pressure washer?

We are in the market for a gas powered washer. These are new to me, any particular brands to look at? It be used quite abit washing trailers and general cleanup

I have a Troy built going on 10 yrs without any issues. I have the 2500 psi unit

Comment

I had a gas engine unit for at least 10 yrs with never a complaint until the engine went bad. I elected to replace it with a cheapo elec motor type rated for the same water flow and pressure. It has been reliable for over 5 yrs now. I prefer it over the gas engine unit. lighter to use, much quieter, simple operation and upkeep.

Comment

Mine is a 2500 psi from Walmart- Briggs And Stratton motor. We've had it since 2004. It has a small oil leak now but it runs great.

Comment

I sure like my ryobi electric.
          No help in the gas type.

Comment

I bought an ironton from northern tool. Been a great unit with zero problems at all for years. It has a fuel shut off valve which allows me to run all fuel out of the lines.

Comment

Honda

Comment

I have a craftsman I've used it maybe 6 or 7 times and I'm on my 2nd pump. It had only been used twice when my FIL gave it to me with a bad pump. That could have been his fault, runs fine now.

Comment

I believe mine has a cat pump with a Honda. They last about 10 years. I keep mine hooked up all the time. I use it alot more being hooked up, than hauling it back and forth.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

I bought this one a few months ago and can’t believe how good it’s been for the price.
                    It even has a oil bath crankcase horizontal pump like the high end ones have. It literally started on the first pull.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Had mine since 2008, don't remember any particulars other than it's a craftsman. Be sure to drain the system from the pump all the way out through the end of the wand during cold weather, I've had two replace 2 wands due freezing and busting.

Comment

I have a Simpson, Honda GX engine, and Cat pump. It is a light commercial model, a step up from many of the homeowner models. I use it quite a bit, and have been very happy

Designed for the cleaning professional, the 3400 PSI Aluminum ALH 3228 gas pressure washer is lightweight but durable. Learn more here.

Everything is serviceable, and parts available.

Some of the cheaper units will have a good engine and cheap pump, watch for that

Also - after each use, squirt some pump preservatives in the pump. It’ll keep seals from drying out, and minerals from hardening inside there. I also blow the water out of my hoses with compressed air so nothing hardens in them either.

I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately...

Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Whatever you get gas engine wise, just make sure to run the ethanol free gas in it and you'll have minimum problems..

Comment

Originally posted by Gummi Bear View Post
                            I have a Simpson, Honda GX engine, and Cat pump. It is a light commercial model, a step up from many of the homeowner models. I use it quite a bit, and have been very happy

Designed for the cleaning professional, the 3400 PSI Aluminum ALH 3228 gas pressure washer is lightweight but durable. Learn more here.

Everything is serviceable, and parts available.

Some of the cheaper units will have a good engine and cheap pump, watch for that

Also - after each use, squirt some pump preservatives in the pump. It’ll keep seals from drying out, and minerals from hardening inside there. I also blow the water out of my hoses with compressed air so nothing hardens in them either.

I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately...

Henry David Thoreau
                            This is what I have an it is easy to use. The preventative maintenence is a must as mentioned. I also second ethanol free gas.

Comment

Dewalt with a Honda 4K psi.
                              Made me good amount of money.

Comment

Working...
                              X