how disappointed will i be??? diesel to gas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how disappointed will i be??? diesel to gas

23 years in diesel trucks(cummins and 6.6 duramax) tow bay boat weekly, up n down the coast. tow a 41 hp subcompact tract/shredder a couple times a year(240mi round trip) how disappointed will I be going to 2500 6.0 gas or 250 6.2 gas??

You'll trade it off in less than 6 months

Comment

Very disappointed

Comment

If you go with the 6.4 hemi, 7.3 ford or 6.6 Chevy I think you will be fine. I owned a 98 and 2000 24 valve Cummins and put 200k on them combined then went to a 6.4 hemi for 4 years and back to a 2018 Cummins for 50k and now I just ordered another 6.4 hemi. My old hemi would pull my 34 ft dual tandem pj float with my 55hp new holland, shredder and disk all just fine. Estimated 15k lbs

Comment

My friend has a 2019 f250 gas 6.7 MPG pulling his boat to Florida and back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Diesels are awesome, but just know the 2020 super duty or the new GM 2500 gas would just about out pull any of the stock diesel 2500s from 10 years ago. But some people like to have the diesel torque if ever needed. Then like some of my buddies, some people don't ever need the power/torque, they just enjoy expensive oil changes and maintenance.

Comment

Traded my 6.2 in after almost 2 years. Gutless to me. 2018 lariat. You’ll be disappointed.

Comment

thanks...keep em coming.. my 07' classic duramax only has 146k.. but the rest of the truck is still 13 yrs old. . it' been a GREAT truck, but time to move on( i may buy a new truck and keep it!)

Comment

Love my Tundra. Have bragged about it for years. But, I am making the move back to a diesel. Pulling my trailer and or boat is hard.

Comment

The 3/4 ton gas will tow everything you listed just fine.. but without the getup you’re used to. I’ll never do it.

Comment

Originally posted by skeeterboud View Post
                      thanks...keep em coming.. my 07' classic duramax only has 146k.. but the rest of the truck is still 13 yrs old. . it' been a GREAT truck, but time to move on( i may buy a new truck and keep it!)
                      If your truck is stock it has 650ftlbs of torque. The 7.3 ford engine has 475. If you had a newer truck with 1000ftlbs I think you would see a bigger difference. I would bet you would be completely happy with a gas

Comment

Originally posted by Javelin View Post
                        If your truck is stock it has 650ftlbs of torque. The 7.3 ford engine has 475. If you had a newer truck with 1000ftlbs I think you would see a bigger difference. I would bet you would be completely happy with a gas
                        similar thoughts. my truck is not a daily driver, i only use it to hunt/fish...

I'm seeing the $ savings (maint/fuel cost diff/etc) and am considering a gas...

Comment

Originally posted by skeeterboud View Post
                          That 07 classic is a good truck with a LBZ duramax. My classic has 270k and still running strong. Probably a good idea to hold on to it even you buy a new gasser but nothing last forever.

Comment

I have driven diesel forever for personal, gas would never work because I pull too heavy, too far, too often.

I had a 2015 F-250 with 6.2 gas, it stayed hooked to a 28’ gooseneck. Around town it was fine with up to about 7500# load but I would hate to take it on a long haul or tow much more weight.

For the use you describe a gas should be fine.

Comment

I noticed it going from a 6.7 powerstroke to a 5.7 Tundra. But, then I think about the forty dollar oil changes and not having to pull the cab to work on the engine, and I'm o.k. It shifts a little more but gets the job done. All things considered, I'm very happy that I made the switch.

Comment

Working...
                              X