Final Table Brisket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrianL View Post
    Can't wait to try this out this weekend, I have everything but the Savory. Couldn't find it at Walmart or Brokshire's. Trying Kroger next. This will be the first thing on the smoker I built and the first brisket I've cooked. I just hope it works out right.
    I found it at my local Kroger ... Spice Islands was the brand. It was a pricey for the little bottle.

Comment

Originally posted by cashbuck View Post
      I found it at my local Kroger ... Spice Islands was the brand. It was a pricey for the little bottle.
      Found it at Kroger as well. $8 for that little bottle. But at least I found it.

Comment

Originally posted by Tequilazo View Post
        I like this idea...
        X2...I had lunch at Zavalas in Mason the other day and their lunch special on the board was labeled a brisket plate but it was actually tri-tips and they were awesome! I'm ready to try doing some. For any of you familiar with smoking these, do you use the same rule of thumb on heat and minutes per pound as a brisket? So anything different? And do most grocery stores have tri-tips or do you have to find a them at a meat market?

Comment

Ok I need a little help. Cooked my first brisket last week and while flavor was good, a little too smokey, but I know how to correct that. What I don't know is the thin part of the brisket was a little too dry. I built a USD, had temp at 230, put on at 6pm, took off at 6:30 the next morning, 15 pound brisket before trimming. USD was still at 230 the next morming. I never opened the smoker once I put it in. What do I need to do different? Oh, I followed SOTX instructions exactly.

Comment

sounds to me your temp gauge is broke

Comment

tried this rub last weekend, danged good thats for sure, thanks for sharing

Comment

Originally posted by Chuey View Post
                sounds to me your temp gauge is broke
                It is brand new. I checked it with a second one and they both read the same. Actually one read 5 degrees more than the other, but didn't think that would be enough to matter. Based on that, I was either cooking at 225 or 230, not sure which one is correct.

Comment

I have a feeling the wife might get tired of brisket before I get this figured out.

Sent from EVO using Tapatalk.
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by BrianL; 05-26-2011, 01:29 PM.

Comment

this is how i do mine 3 hours smoke and 2 hours and 45 min in oven at 250 degree no compaimts as of yet, doing three this weekend take out and cool

Comment

Originally posted by Chuey View Post
                      this is how i do mine 3 hours smoke and 2 hours and 45 min in oven at 250 degree no compaimts as of yet, doing three this weekend take out and cool
                      Chuey, Are you talking Brisket here or Tri-tips?

Comment

If it was too smoky make sure and use seasoned wood and let it burn down to good coals. You dont want white smoke coming out just light smoke. Did you put the thin side towards the heat or away. Maybe do it away from the fire box. I also often finish in the oven. It also seemed like it got more moist the longer is set in the cooler. To let all the juices go back into the meat when rested. IDK maybe.

Comment

I put a little too much soaked wood in it, and thought it might be when I put it in there. It was seasoned plum, from trimming my fruit trees this last fall. I read fruit tree wood it good to use, but maybe not two cuts that where 3" dia and about 10" long. I should have just used one, or 1/2 on one.

I put the fat side down, and coals are directly under it about 18". No smokebox.

I have read anywhere from 50 minutes to 2 hours per pound. Is it the longer the more tender like a roast, or the longer the drier? From where the brisket gets thicker it was great, tender and moist.

I put it in cooler for about 45 minutes.

Comment

I just decided to steal the big smoker from dad's house on my way home for some brisket action on Sunday, clicked on the recipe section to get George's "brisket lotion".....and here is the recipe right at the top!

Greatness!

Comment

Originally posted by Moonstalker View Post
                              Chuey, Are you talking Brisket here or Tri-tips?
                              yes sir brisket i did three this weekend all good makes you want to slap your MIL lol

Comment

this is one of them not this weekend.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X