No announcement yet.

Oregon to Kill Sea Lions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Admittedly I did not read the article, but did they give a quota to remove?

Comment

Originally posted by Jspradley View Post
      Yep, that act would be a huge obstacle to allowing regular folks to kill them.

The natives are a sovereign people and the laws of the US apply to them differently through various treaties, they are basically a different nation.
      Which is a major problem. They have all of the benefits of U.S. citizenship without the taxes and with their own set of laws, which, for the most part, they don't enforce.

Comment

Maybe they'll get something right. And allow hunters to handle it. I'd eat one. Imagine a 600lb full body sea lion to greet people in your living room mounted up on the Fireplace rocks..

Probably be easier to just club the baby ones. They probably taste better too.

Comment

Hippies' heads are exploding all up and down the Left coast right now.

Comment

I was there around Tillamook just a few weeks ago steelhead fishing, hiking, and scouting for next season's elk hunt. The steelhead numbers are way down. In two days fishing, I only caught one. I only saw one other one caught. Normally the run would be in full swing.
            Beautiful area though.

Comment

Originally posted by ultrastealth View Post
              Which is a major problem. They have all of the benefits of U.S. citizenship without the taxes and with their own set of laws, which, for the most part, they don't enforce.
              Them's the treaties, whether we like it or not.

The US Govt has already reneged on enough treaties with them as it is, it's not like there are enough Indians for much of anything they do to have much effect as it is so there's really not good reason to change anything.

Comment

Some animals are so adorably doe-eyed that it pains us to eat them. Like, say, doe. But such sentimental attachments can be tricky. Take, for example, the issue of seal.

Sounds pretty tasty and very healthy.

Comment

Originally posted by Capt.Brown View Post
                  I think they should let nature take its course, if the steelhead goes extinct then that’s what nature intended
                  Man... this comment is bugging me lol

****’s are probably 80-90% of the reason of the steelhead decline.

Nature wanted to place impassable ****s in rivers to make fish species who breed upstream not be able to reproduce?

Comment

Whatever they kill they should ship up north to the inuits I am sure they eat them and put to use nearly every part

Also to add I would think if the seals weren't protected in the beginning that there wouldn't be this problem.
                    Last edited by TexasTealHunter; 01-11-2019, 10:23 AM.

Comment

Let people that want to hunt them hunt them. Why do they need to pay another tax on top of the regular hunting lic.

It amazes me how on another thread everyone is complaining how much they pay in tax. Yet anytime something illegal might be legal everyone is all over it. "yea, then the state can tax it, the state can generate revenue"
                      Wait, how about the fishermen have to buy a steelhead stamp to pay for the government removal of the sea lions?

We have been brain washed into thinking we need to pony up more money to be free.

Really? Why is paying the gov to do something that we should already be allowed to do better.

Legalize weed!
                      Why?
                      Cause the gov can tax it make money?

How about the gov BTFU and let us be free men and women.... or tranny or whatever you want to call yourself.

Less government involvement. We all know nothing the government gets involved with works well. It just makes some people more money in the end.

Comment

Originally posted by Briar Friar View Post
                        Ditto. Might turn out to be the bacon of the ocean.
                        or the Dog of the Sea!!!!

Comment

If they kill them, they need to be sure and save the hides and have them tanned! Also, some of the native people up north would love to have the meat!

Comment

Originally posted by zac221 View Post
                            Do they eat good? Lol I mean sell some tags as a hunt, I’m sure somebody has wanted to hunt one.
                            Originally posted by glen View Post
                            I’d try eating one.
                            Originally posted by Briar Friar View Post
                            Ditto. Might turn out to be the bacon of the ocean.
                            Originally posted by Bowtech38 View Post
                            Gravy and taters
                            Originally posted by dhillis View Post
                            https://www.foodrepublic.com/2011/08...-seal-meat-ok/

Sounds pretty tasty and very healthy.
                            Originally posted by Ivanite View Post
                            or the Dog of the Sea!!!!
                            Originally posted by Flint knapper View Post
                            If they kill them, they need to be sure and save the hides and have them tanned! Also, some of the native people up north would love to have the meat!
                            Representatives from Long John Silvers are standing by to see if this can be added to their restaurant menus.

Comment

No reason not to sell some clubbing permits. Salmon problem might have something to do with protecting predators of salmon.

Comment

That’s a lion hunt I can afford. Sign me up!!

Comment

Working...
                                X