Things to do in DC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Things to do in DC

Heading up there Thursday with a few free days.

We plan on doing the tomb, and a bunch of museums. Any museums that are musts?

Any restaurants?

Other attractions?

Will have a 4 yr old and an 8 yr old w us

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Umm....smithsonian!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Things to do in DC

And you’ll need about 3 days to go through it. I just noticed the age of the kids. Harder to look around very long, but there’s a lot of cool stuff for them to see too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

American History, Air and Space, and Spy museums. They are all in the National Mall area, and within walking distance of all the monuments, Capital, and White House. There are two Air and Space museums. The original is there, but the bigger and newer one is up north, you will have to Uber or drive. The Mall area is huge, so there is a lot of walking, may need strollers, but well worth it if you have never been. I have to go all the time, but I still love going and seeing everything.

Comment

Holocaust Museum....This is a MUST, we went this summer. Its truly unforgettable

Comment

Eat at Old Ebbit Grill - sit at the bar and order some crab claws, oysters, etc.

Have a drink after dark at the Westin Roof top bar - really cool view makes it worth the over priced drinks.

I'd plan a whole day at the National Cemetery. Without a doubt, the most humbling place I've ever visited.

Take your walking shoes - it's easy to walk 10+ miles a day in DC.

Comment

Natural History Museum is my favorite of the Smithsothians.

Comment

Make sure to visit the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier

Comment

Old Ebbit is really cool.

For Chinese, go to China Town Express. I ate there almost weekly when I lived in DC. Hand pulled noodles and all kinds of roasted animals hanging on hooks.

For awesome pizza go to Jumbo Slice or The Original Jumbo Slice. There is a big rivalry over which is better.

Natural History Museum is really neat.

There is so much to do you really need to narrow it down and plan things out. I was there for a semester and did not see everything.

Get to know the subway system well. Its clean and easy to get around.

Comment

Originally posted by dwactx View Post
                    Holocaust Museum....This is a MUST, we went this summer. Its truly unforgettable
                    Agreed..
                    NRA museum is close...

Comment

For kids the ages of yours, the zoo might be pretty cool too. You can take the Metro there and like the museums, the admission is free.

Comment

I enjoyed all the sites up there more than I though I would. So much history. My favorite part was visiting Washington's house/plantation at Mount Vernon. He was really into the land and farming/gardening.

Comment

NSA museum for sure. It's not far from the Holocaust museum. Also, don't rent a car. We took the metro everywhere we needed to go.

Comment

Originally posted by dwactx View Post
                            Just came back from it, so make sure to get tickets to the permanent exhibit - it is a must.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                              X