Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DISH Tailgater Users - Info Please

Anyone use the Dish Network Tailgater?

If so, can you explain exactly how the "pay as you go" really works.

I'm thinking about doing this at our place in Pearsall, I know that the upfront costs are more but i'm thinking in the long run this is cheaper than setting up satellite tv throughout the year.

I'm just not sure I know exactly how they charge for the service.

Any input is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Do you already have Dish? If so, it's $7 per month added to your bill.

If not, I can't speak with authority, but I believe it's a month-to-month that you can turn on/cancel anytime without penalty.
    My Flickr Photos

Comment

The website says you just pay for the month your going to use then simply stop paying. That's is incorrect. I did that then received a bill for a couple of hundred dollars. I called and explained what their website said and they said yes but you still need to call and cancel when your not going to use it or else the computer will continue generating a bill and you will have a past due balance. So if your gonna use it for 3 months just pay those 3 months then cancel before the beginning of the 4th month.

Comment

I currently do not have Dish...I have Direct TV
        I would prefer to have DTV but they have made it where you have to basically set up a new account and new install, that is about $65/mo for the basic plan...I think in the long run the Tailgater will be cheaper

Comment

Ttt

Comment

I recommend just buying a dish and LNB online and taking a receiver from your house. We have been doing this for years. Contrary to what you might hear it's super easy to set up. Directv doesn't even have to know about it. If you have the Genie system with the Mini's you can't use the Mini box...you'll have to use the main DVR or one of the stand alone receivers.

Comment

We do that pay as you go for the deer lease. I have cable at home so I can't so the $7 a month deal. It comes out to right around $80 a month for the second tier package (includes all sports) which I split with my parents. You basically buy a receiver and satellite, then call them to setup an account, pay your first month, and start service. You will have a normal Dish login where you can go and pay for the next month. If you do not pay when due, they give you like a 5 day grace period before stopping service. If you know you will not be using it for awhile, you call and tell them so they will stop billing you and make your balance zero. They kind of make it a pain if you for instance wanted to use every other month. If you want to, like me, have continuous service for a four month stretch or so, then it's not bad at all.

Comment

Working...
              X