Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I pay $250/duck he does great work.

Comment

When or if he ever calls...tell him you are still trying to trying to find the checkbook from the move. Let him call again but then state you ran out of checks & are waiting for the new batch to come in.

Might do him good to be the receiver on that end of the game for a while.

Comment

Cypress slough is around $250 and does flat out amazing work in BCS...

Comment

Originally posted by kae006 View Post
          Jason,

It’s definitely an ethical question on my end, not the taxi’s, just wasn’t sure how to title the thread in a way that even remotely described the post content. I did inform them of my impending move in March, as that was when I found out I would be leaving. As far as the pricing, this place was right in line with all the others I looked up for a duck mount, with the exception of a couple outliers. I didn’t pick the cheapest place, nor the priciest. It was my first wood duck so I would definitely like to have it back, but don’t want to get stuck with a $50 shipping bill either. As far as the timeline, 6 weeks definitely seemed crazy fast to me and I would have been fine if he had told me 6 months. I just don’t understand why they give an unrealistic ETA to begin with. Tell me 6 months and I’ll be happy if it’s done in 4 but tell me 6 months and take a year and I’ll be annoyed.
          I hear ya bud but threads like this just irk me when I think about the thousands of dollars worth of work I’ve been stiffed on. And it’s also usually the customers that call several times to check on the status of a mount that take the longest to pick it up when it’s ready.
          Last edited by Texantax; 04-15-2018, 10:50 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Texantax View Post
            I hear ya bud but threads like this just irk me when I think about the thousands of dollars worth of work I’ve been stiffed on

It’s definitely not my intention to stiff him, however if he finished it in even triple his estimate I would have had it prior to leaving the state. I plan to call tomorrow and tell him my situation. The wife will still be there another month or two and my movers will crate and ship it for free so if he knocks it out by then I can still make it work without costing either of us extra coin.

Comment

Pay him. He's out the time and money to get the bird mounted. If you don't pay thenhe has to eat the cost and hope someone will buy it from him and cut his loss. I think every taxi i know has had people stiff them and leave them holding a mount they don't want.

Comment

Originally posted by PYBUCK View Post
                Pay him. He's out the time and money to get the bird mounted. If you don't pay thenhe has to eat the cost and hope someone will buy it from him and cut his loss. I think every taxi i know has had people stiff them and leave them holding a mount they don't want.

I understand that, and I’m sure that’s the reason behind the deposit. But what if he doesn’t offer to at least split the cost of shipping? Should I be out that expense because he blew the timeline? Seems like there should at least be some onus to deliver on time when you’re requesting payment up front.

Comment

Originally posted by kae006 View Post
                  I understand that, and I’m sure that’s the reason behind the deposit. But what if he doesn’t offer to at least split the cost of shipping? Should I be out that expense because he blew the timeline? Seems like there should at least be some onus to deliver on time when you’re requesting payment up front.
                  I would simply not let this steal your joy amigo...to me you have two options.

~Call him & let him know the situation & your concern of it being shipped / could get damaged / extra cost / etc...he's got 30-45 days for your wife to pick it up & if he can't meet that deadline before she bolts north, would he agree to ship on his dime and/or split because he's late.

~Forget about it & let him call, then negotiate the shipping.

Comment

$50 to ship for my first woodduck, if the mount is good, is nothing in the grand scheme of things....especially 3 years down the road when you look back on it.. Yes he gave you an unrealistic timeline but he also didn't make you move. $330 for a duck mount these days is realistic.....

I'd rather pay $50 extra for my first woodduck than regular price for my second but I'm a little sentimental.

One more thing. Right now as it sits, with what you owe....($200 and say maybe $50 for shipping) $250 is cheaper than what its gonna cost you to get your next woodduck mounted. You are already out the deposit either way..

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                      $50 to ship for my first woodduck, if the mount is good, is nothing in the grand scheme of things....especially 3 years down the road when you look back on it.. Yes he gave you an unrealistic timeline but he also didn't make you move. $330 for a duck mount these days is realistic.....

I'd rather pay $50 extra for my first woodduck than regular price for my second but I'm a little sentimental.

One more thing. Right now as it sits, with what you owe....($200 and say maybe $50 for shipping) $250 is cheaper than what its gonna cost you to get your next woodduck mounted. You are already out the deposit either way..

This is a pretty level headed response. Although I would have him send me some pictures first.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post

Agreed. Just deal with the situation you are in now. Get your animal back and on the wall.

Comment

Originally posted by PYBUCK View Post
                          This but the bad thing is you can’t sell waterfowl mounts unless they are pen raised. He is going to have to eat the money on material and time wasted on your bird that he could have spent on someone else’s that WILL pick it up. No, he didn’t make you move but Yes he did give you an unrealistic time frame if he has plenty of wor

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
                            I would simply not let this steal your joy amigo...to me you have two options.

~Call him & let him know the situation & your concern of it being shipped / could get damaged / extra cost / etc...he's got 30-45 days for your wife to pick it up & if he can't meet that deadline before she bolts north, would he agree to ship on his dime and/or split because he's late.

~Forget about it & let him call, then negotiate the shipping.
                            So basically 18 weeks after he started he still has the original 6 weeks to finish it LOL

Joking aside the above is what I would do. Get pictures before paying for it.

It would be a real blow to end up paying shipping and then getting a POS mount.

Comment

I'm not sure why so many responses bring up the cost and ETA as not being what should be expected. If taxi promised it and price was acceptable to OP, those aren't part of the equation.
                              You have paid a deposit. I think it would be wrong to wait until finished and decline to pay.
                              I think you should talk to taxi and tell him the situation. If he doesn't propose a solution you deem acceptable, tell him you're done and that he should not proceed.
                              I would then ask for my deposit back.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Comment

Update:

Called the taxi yesterday and he said the bird would be ready next week. I told him my wife would be able to pick it up if it was done next week. Explained the situation and he said the only other option was I pay for shipping, but not a problem since my wife can get it as long as it’s done before June.

Then he calls me this morning and says that his notes say someone called me in January and told me my duck was “no good”. He said they didn’t realize it wasn’t good until they fleshed it out and it started falling apart. He offered to refund me my deposit minus $25 for fleshing it. I questioned why he told me it would be done in a week and why he gave me the same story about it drying the last three times I had reached out to him and he said that was his brother in law. Nobody ever called me I. January about my bird either.

My wife will go by there and collect my entire deposit, what a waste.

Comment

Working...
                                X