No announcement yet.

Fortified Cottonseed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the gin in Byrome has been doing this for a while, it has protein pellets and a mineral pack mixed with the cotton seed. last time I bought it, it was 6.25 for a 50 lb bag.

Comment

Originally posted by deerwatcher51 View Post
      It's going to put DD out of business.
      Not if the DD clique has anything to do with it

They cant advertise every deer gaining 20-40 inches a year like DD Koolaid does

Comment

Bump
        Has anyone else used the fortified cottonseed any? I don't plan on buying/feeding bulk stuff but just a few bags in a couple of old cattle troughs near water/mineral/feeder locations.

Comment

Its a gimmick, I think between protein and regular cotton the deer are doing just fine. Before long we will be having to give lap band surgery to deer good grief.

Comment

We put out regular seed and a mineral block. Then the deer can access the mineral when they need it....

Comment

Originally posted by Aggie PhD View Post
              We put out regular seed and a mineral block. Then the deer can access the mineral when they need it....
              For those putting out mineral blocks, what are y’all using? I assume you mean the hard mineral lick blocks for cattle?

Comment

As a rule, deer in the western 2/3 of the state don't have mineral deficiencies.

Comment

Originally posted by hillcountryhunter View Post
                  For those putting out mineral blocks, what are y’all using? I assume you mean the hard mineral lick blocks for cattle?
                  The ones we put out are salt and trace mineral blocks. Another guy on the lease buys them. But fairly certain they are just the cattle version

Comment

Originally posted by hillcountryhunter View Post
                    I put out Trophy Rock. You can get it at Academy.

Comment

It's $15 a bag in madisonville and Fairfield, and $16 in huntsville.

My buddy put out a bag to see if they'd eat it, deer walked around it and when the corn was all gone the hogs destroyed it.

Bout all I got.

Comment

Working...
                      X