Stabilizers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stabilizers

What length stabilizers are y'all using for hunting this year? Thinking about switching to a 10 or 12 inch doinker here.

12". Same as always.

Anything under 8" is just dead weight. It is not far enough out to provide any stabilization with today's deep reflex riser designs.

I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately...

Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Originally posted by Gummi Bear View Post
      12". Same as always.

Anything under 8" is just dead weight. It is not far enough out to provide any stabilization with today's deep reflex riser designs.

I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately...

Henry David Thoreau
      I'm up in the air on a 10 or 12 inch, don't want it too long where it will get in the way.

Comment

Do it. Doinker all the way. Get the quick detach kit with the extensions. I run a 10"...it just felt right and balances beautifully. I like how I can unassemble after shooting and the bow goes in the case...easy peasy.

Comment

Originally posted by Briar Friar View Post
          Do it. Doinker all the way. Get the quick detach kit with the extensions. I run a 10"...it just felt right and balances beautifully. I like how I can unassemble after shooting and the bow goes in the case...easy peasy.
          I was thinking about getting the unity hunter, comes with the side bar and quick detach.

Comment

Make sure if you plan on hunting from a pop up the stabilizer clears. I made that mistake once.

Comment

My stabilizer is a Sniper Hog Light

Skinny

Comment

Stabilizers

I'm running a 8" Bee Stinger (9" in front of the riser if you count the Carter Gizmo quick disconnect) with 8 ounces in front, and a 6" with 12 ounces out back.

Comment

Used to always have a 10-12 inch with varying weight on them. But forgot about it when i purchased my last bow. Got it all set up and tuned before I relized I needed one. Tried all the ones I had here at the house, didn't shoot any better. Went back to the shop tried a bunch more still didn't notice any differance. Actually shot better with out them the days it was windy, breezy out to 60 yards. So now I don't even use one, and like it a lot better. I do have a picitny rail as to mount my sniper hog light , but only when needed.

Comment

10” in front with 3 ounces, 10” back bar with 5 ounces. Bee stinger premier plus stabilizers.

Comment

12 bee stinger

Comment

Same mercury stabilizer That has lived on sevrral bows since the early 80s. Only about 4 inches long.

Comment

I use a 10" Flatliner with a CR quick disconnect so I can fold it out of the way for transport. The lightweight carbon shaft keeps all the weight out front where it's needed.

Comment

Working...
                          X