Precision Glue less Inserts.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Precision Glue less Inserts.

If the suckers will hold like they claim they sure would make tuning a little easier when youre having to trim shaft length. Thought I would share. Im gonna order some for my FMJ's.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1366330946.994923.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	70.8 KB
ID:	24960660

When you get them tight enough to hold, they are very hard on all carbon shafts. The internal pressure causes the carbons to split.

How do I know this?
    When GoldTip fist came out they came with a nock that worked exactly the same way.
    They do not produce those nocks anymore. Had to many shaft problems with them.

Rick

Comment

Thats what i was thinking too. Im thinkin they may work ok with an fmj. I remember those lock nocks. Hated em.

Comment

Muddy uses those on the new Flare series arrows

Comment

Originally posted by Ragin' View Post
          Thats what i was thinking too. Im thinkin they may work ok with an fmj. I remember those lock nocks. Hated em.
          Yep, with an all alloy, or carbon alloy they are fine, but with an all carbon they will sooner or later cause you some trouble.

Rick

Comment

I foot my carbons with an aluminum outsert, so these would probably work real well for me without damaging the shaft.

May have to give em a try.

Rick

Comment

Originally posted by RickBarbee View Post
              I foot my carbons with an aluminum outsert, so these would probably work real well for me without damaging the shaft.

May have to give em a try.

Rick
              Yeah that would work too. Good idea!

Comment

I could see where they would be great for tuning, like said above. If they made them in the .244 size in 100gr, I would get a few just for tuning and use my regular glue in inserts once I got my tune right..

Bisch

Comment

Originally posted by Bisch View Post
                  I could see where they would be great for tuning, like said above. If they made them in the .244 size in 100gr, I would get a few just for tuning and use my regular glue in inserts once I got my tune right..

Bisch
                  Yeah i know. We couldnt be that lucky.

Comment

Working...
                  X