Did I just mess Up?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did I just mess Up?

I shoot a Tred Barta longbow, #50 @ 28''. My draw is 28''. I just ordered a dozen easton legacy's 2216's at full length. Cabela's recommended them them but now checking all the charts the may be way to stiff. I'm just getting back into traditional after shooting traditional as a kid growing up.

No help guys! I might be able to change my order if I act quick enough!

Comment

You'll need to leave em long - 30 & 1/16"

and

use 175gr points.

They should work real good right there.

Rick

Comment

Thanks Rick!

Comment

Here is a screen shot of Stu's calculator showing your setup with one of my strings on the bow.

A heavier (more strands such as 14 or 16) string will simply require you to add more point weight, but that's an easy fix.

Bottom line is - you can make the 2216's work, and they are a very good & durable shaft.

Rick
          Attached Files

Comment

Thaks again for the help! Allen

Comment

He gave great advice. By adding tip weight you can weaken spine and the same with the length, the shorter the stiffer.

I find the charts to be a good starting place, but still have to experiment to a degree to get things flying well.

Comment

My bows shoot everything, so I'd say no problem. Like they said, leave them long and play with broadhead combinations.

Arrow charts puts you in the ball park, they are not etched in stone.

Comment

all the above is good. but why not just go with a 2016 and be done with it.

Comment

Hi rick!
                    Is that a new version of stu's spine calculator? havent seen this one yet...

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by triffnix View Post
                      Hi rick!
                      Is that a new version of stu's spine calculator? havent seen this one yet...

Thanks
                      X2???

Comment

I used to ask the "experts" when I first started shooting with a compound back in the day........Cabelas, Bass Pro, etc.....but they lack alot!!

Comment

Working...
                        X