No announcement yet.

Hunting spot upgrades Completed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know you can buy pre made blinds and stands. But it's cool to kill critters out of one your imagination and hands created.

Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk

Comment

Wow !!!
      That's gonna be a nice blind !!!

Rick

Comment

Looking good! Hope that finger heals up quick

Comment

Heal up quick Rick! Setup looks good! We'll be waitin on dead critter pics! Good Huntin, and God Bless, Rusty

Comment

Finger is a little better today, not as bruised looking, and not swollen as much.

I may see if I can shoot my bow tomorrow.

Rick
            Attached Files

Comment

Setup looking good, and the houseblind looks slick too. Just anchor it good.

Comment

Well you'll find out quick.

Comment

Great looking set-up, Rick! Hope the finger heals well.

DRT: that'll be a nice blind you've got going.

Comment

I just went out, and shot my bow a couple of times.
                    Shot just fine, but a couple of times was all I could stand.
                    I'll be able to make a hunting shot no problem.

Last couple of days I've been building a directional feeder for here at the home place.
                    Not near as fancy as the one for the river place, but it'll work good, and I don't have cattle to contend with here. Hope to get it set out with a blind sometime soon, and that will give me two spots to hunt.

Rick
                    Last edited by RickBarbee; 06-13-2017, 06:02 PM.

Comment

Our ranch is not over run by game but it's ours. Still have to travel though. At least a "home place" you can hunt a morning or evening anytime. Most of us only dream of that.

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
                        Our ranch is not over run by game but it's ours. Still have to travel though. At least a "home place" you can hunt a morning or evening anytime. Most of us only dream of that.

A home place is nice. We have lots of turkey, but deer & hogs are in short supply.

The biggest problem here is, it's only 40 acres, and we are surrounded by a lot of human activity. I am working on trying to create a way to attract the animals to the center of the place with a water station, and protein feed. That spot will never be hunted, and I will set up a hunting spot (maybe a couple) on the outer edges of the property where the animals are traveling in & out.

Rick

Comment

Sounds like a plan Rick, and DRT, good luck on the finish out. Any idea what you are going to skin it with?

Comment

I have some painters drop tarps, canvas, that were used for a VBS once upon a time. I will drape one then in have a EZ up shelter too like deal that will go over the top. The corners will hold it down. The another canvas over the top, some camo burlap around the outside. I used it last year but only had a PVC conduit frame for the top. It sagged and was never tall enough to shoot a trad bow out of anyhow. Although I did kill 2 doe, one cull and a couple pigs out of it with my Carbon Spyder 30.

But my needs have changed so I used part of a panel and some cable clamps to secure it for the roof. I'll post up more as I go. Wasn't trying to hijack Ricks thread. Just his blind build was reminiscent of mine. He always has something neat going on though.

Comment

Heck Gary, I'm glad you chimed in with your build.
                              I'm always up for new ideas, especially good ones like yours.

Rick

Comment

Working...
                              X