The Biggest loser.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Biggest loser.

Let me start with the set up for today's hunt. Last night at 4:30 I got a phone call from a buddy who had just put an 4x4 Mulie and three does to bed( he watched them bed down). He gave me directions to it's general location for a good morning hunt. Now here in Western Kansas the cover is poor this year, so when I parked the truck, little did I know that I had actually parked within 75 yrds. of the deer I was hunting. Obviously this was going to be a spot and stalk hunt. However, when it got light enough to see, I was looking into the very eyes of the deer I was pursuing. There was no way to sneak in on these deer, but I tried anyway. Needless to say, it was a bust. So my father and I headed off to another area I had seen deer sign. This is where it gets interesting.
    As we turn onto the main county road two deer hop into the road and run down it, then jump back into the same field they had just left. So in a quick change of plans, I turn down a gas road to see if I can get my binoculars on them. However, now there are four deer standing in this field. So we continue to the well to set up a plan. As we neared the well, one doe ran past us off to the North. When we turned around and glassed the filed, I spotted the doe. The other two deer had vanished or so I had thought. At this point my dad almost yells, the other two deer are locked up in a good fight. We sat at the well and watched for quite awhile, as the two deer threw each other to the ground and then got up for more. At this point we are 200 yrds from them. I had to make a move quick, so I pulled closer and we watched from a distance within 100 yrds of the deer. They still had no clue we were anywhere around, all they knew was there was a fight to be won. At this point I hop out of the truck and walk directly toward the two bucks. Now kneeling in a prairie dog town within 35 yrds of these two fighting beasts, I watched in awe. I am close enough to hear the smashing of antlers and their hard breathing. The fight finally ended and the loser walked directly at me. Now my camo is very unique, I was wearing a brown Walls coat and blue jeans. The loser stopped at 20 yrds broadside, with the victor fast on his tail. Th loser is a unique creature, not legal in some TX counties. He was missing his right antler, but the left had a kicker off the brow tine and a broken kicker on G1. I had to have this deer, why? Cause this isn't a hunt I want to forget. Up came my bow and reflexes took over. I do not remember hitting the release, but I remember the thawck as my arrow struck hide and bone. He walked about 50 yrds and laid down. There he became the biggest loser, as he took his last breath.
    LPDs will come when I can figure out how to get my pics from phone to computer.

Congrats! Cant wait to see pics!

Comment

Tapatalk... And congrats

Comment

Here is the LDP.
        Attached Files

Comment

This is me without coffee, not me after mind enhancing herbs.

Comment

Congrats!

Bisch

Comment

Congrats on a great hunt..........surely one you will never forget. My adrenaline would have been through the roof!!!! Way to go Bub.

Comment

congrats!

Comment

Congrats

Comment

Awesome! Congrats!

Comment

Working...
                    X