Cryotherapy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by salth2o View Post
    Athletes have been doing ice baths'/treatment for years to treat acute injuries. I think the cryo therapy is an offshoot of that and may have some merit, but a $2 bag of ice in the tub will achieve a similar result.

I'm curious about Wim Hoff. I saw Jesse Itzler had a session with him. What benefits are you seeing from this? I've been considering giving it a shot.
    Big difference between an ice bath and cryotherapy. I forget how cold cryotherapy is but significantly different.

Agree, go to youtube and look at some of the WH stuff. I find it interesting and specific results for me include increased energy, changes in skin and more mental alertness. There is also a belief system around its impact on illness but I haven't been sick in 40 years so I cant testify to that.

Appreciate that I am a 65 year old aged out triathlete and endurance athlete who has always been attracted to more organic approaches to health and fitness.

Comment

Wim Hof is incredible, I've been doing the cold shower thing for the last minute or so of my showers, working up to big-boy cold.

Wim talks about is on Christopher Ryan's podcast, cold water therapy actually cools down your body temp and triggers the body's response to that, liquid nitrogen cryotherapy doesn't do much but cool down the surface of your skin. It's because water conducts heat away from your skin much differently than cold gas does.

Its like the difference between sticking your hand in a 200 degree oven vs a pot of boiling water.

Comment

My oldest son is a high school pitcher. He goes to Cryotherapy after the day that he pitches and it helps speed up the recovery. Last year in the first game of the season he rolled his ankle pretty bad. I thought he would be out for a few weeks. He went to cryo daily for 4 days and never missed a game.

Comment

Originally posted by Triple 7 View Post
          My oldest son is a high school pitcher. He goes to Cryotherapy after the day that he pitches and it helps speed up the recovery. Last year in the first game of the season he rolled his ankle pretty bad. I thought he would be out for a few weeks. He went to cryo daily for 4 days and never missed a game.

ice water cryotherapy or the liquid nitrogen?

Comment

Originally posted by Jspradley View Post
            ice water cryotherapy or the liquid nitrogen?

Liquid nitrogen

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I would do it as it has to help you repair muscle tissue faster but I’m too cheap so ice baths for 10 mins will do for now...

Comment

This is what I’m bettin on.

This fool (me) is gunna be seperated from his 30 dollars then I’m gunna get me a mouth hug.
                Last edited by eastxhunter; 01-22-2020, 01:31 PM. Reason: I meant like this fool here like pointing at myself relax

Comment

Originally posted by eastxhunter View Post
                  This is what I’m bettin on.

This fools gunna be seperated from his 30 dollars then I’m gunna get me a mouth hug.
                  Are your seriously calling me a fool? I don't know who the hell you are but you need to watch yourself.

Comment

Check my edit ^

It was a jab at goofballs condescending post up top

Comment

I have trained for various events over the years. I have done both ice baths and cryo. For me I have a faster recovered rate when doing cryo. I was doing 4-5 cryo sessions a week. I got to the point of regardless of the intensity of a training session lactic acid was a non issue. If you are really pushing yourself and are having issues with recovery I would recommend looking into cryo or ice baths. To see a difference you will need a few sessions a week. Its not a one and done type of deal.

Comment

Are your seriously calling me a fool? I don't know who the hell you are but you need to watch yourself.

lol u mad bro?

Comment

Depends on cost v benefit. I bought a 3 visit package for $30 after speaking with an orthopedic surgeon who consults with the Rangers.

I'm old, 57, beat up and still try to roll in BJJ and/or box 3-4 weekly. I'll buy a package and do cryo 1-2 a week depending on the intensity of my workouts. Tt helps with recovery for sure. I also have an old commercial ice machine that I use to fill up a trough for ice baths.

Both work, but as the previous poster said, cryo isn't a one time event for maximum effectiveness. It really depends on the intensity and frequency of your workouts as to it's benefit.

Comment

Originally posted by meltingfeather View Post
                            lol u mad bro?
                            I thought we was gonna see a good old fashioned interwebs fisticuffs

Comment

Maybe that means I’m the goofball... not sure I just know ice baths have proven to work well for me. I try to do them 4-5 times a week to keep my legs fresh so I would assume that money wise that would add up quick.

Comment

Originally posted by JB_Archery View Post
                                Maybe that means I’m the goofball... not sure I just know ice baths have proven to work well for me. I try to do them 4-5 times a week to keep my legs fresh so I would assume that money wise that would add up quick.
                                Lol not you . Nvm

Comment

Working...
                                X