No announcement yet.

Need a new ice chest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Kodi Coolers from HEB are worth considering. I have one in 125qt abd have been very happy with it

Comment

I've been seeing ads for RTIC for 25% off online orders lately, would be hard to pass that up if I was in the market. Use PROMO CODE FB25 at checkout

I have the 50qt Magellan you speak of and ice retention has been disappointing. It is tough as nails and I love the built in bottle openers on the corners. I really want to like the cooler and it does awesome for putting in my buddy's boat when fishing for a day but it doesn't hold a candle to my buddy's RTIC 45 or my Brute (Bison) 90 qt.

Comment

Pelican.....no bungee cords or ropes. Made In USA

Comment

I feel pretty sure the Magellan brand would do you just fine. I was one who would NEVER spend big bucks on an ice chest. My kids got me a 65 Yeti for Christmas and it really works wonders holding ice. I hunt in a pretty remote area and ice is at a premium at the lease. Just this weekend I bought an RTIC 65 for $239.00 at Buccees. Knowing how well these chests work now, I have no problem with buying one of my own.

Comment

I just ordered a 110 from RTIC for $239.00 using the FB25 promo code. Same price I paid for my 65 from Bucees.

Comment

I've got some yetis that I do like but if I was to buy anymore it would be rtic because it's the same thing a lot cheaper.. what happened to drive you away from yeti?

Comment

My Ozark Trail cooler from Walmart is the best performing cooler I have. I also have igloos, a yeti, and an Rtic.

With any cooler, the key for me is to always place a few of those reusable frozen blocks on the bottom of the cooler. Makes Ice last for days and days longer than without.
                Last edited by 44mAG; 08-27-2018, 10:29 AM.

Comment

Ozark Trail at Walmart.

Comment

I bought a 75 quart Magellan Ice Box from Academy. The lid warped within a day of it riding in the bed of the truck and it wouldn't seal. The strap handles will come loose if you pull on them at an angle sideways. The bolts in the feet on the bottom will come loose.
                    It weighed 39 pounds empty.
                    I took it back for a refund.

Comment

I have yeti, rtic and Ozark trail. either way...I don't have one over the 65 size because they are HEAVY

Comment

I'd get an RTIC when they have one of their 25% off sales.

Comment

road trip to Houston RTIC store and get a scratch and dent cooler for half price.

Comment

I don't have one of these, yet, but I've heard nothing but stellar reviews about them. $100 from Wally World and a 5 year warranty. Since someone stole my 50qt Yeti a few weeks ago, I'm thinking this will be it's replacement(unless I have a brainfart and buy a Canyon for more $$$).

Check out the Lifetime 55 Quart High Performance Cooler model 90949. Order directly from the manufacturer and receive free shipping at www.lifetime.com.

Comment

Yeti or of a similar build. Cheap coolers are crap and will fall apart. Best example is I bought my 45 Yeti for west Texas ranch trips. My cousin has been buying the cheap ones over the last 5 years. Guess who still has their cooler and actually saved money compared to buying all those others?

Comment

I have 2 of the molded Igloo coolers from Sams, no complaints.

Comment

Working...
                                X