Bbb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bbb

Anyone here have a business accredited by the BBB? They are quoting me $630 annually to be a member and am wondering if it is worth it.

Speaking as a consumer, BBB is a scam. More than a few horrible companies have excellent BBB ratings, in my experience.

I rely more on Angie's list and yelp than any BBB rating.

Comment

As a consumer I'm the same...don't even check BBB.

Comment

Basically worthless in the internet age

Comment

not worth it

Comment

Thank y’all for the input. Saved me some money!! Not what it used to be I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by TEX_hunt_AS View Post
              Speaking as a consumer, BBB is a scam. More than a few horrible companies have excellent BBB ratings, in my experience.

I rely more on Angie's list and yelp than any BBB rating.
              You may want to rethink Yelp if you are for avoiding scams.

Comment

Originally posted by Throwin' Darts View Post
                You may want to rethink Yelp if you are for avoiding scams.
                I know, but still better than BBB was my point.

Comment

I didn't know the BBB was worthless. Just hired an electrical contractor from the BBB A+ list (had bids from 3 A+ rated companies) and got a great job and price on a house re-wire. All three beat the pants off of one of them TV commercial electricians. Milestone Elec was double the price of my three quotes...

Comment

I don't have a dog in the hunt but I check google reviews.. most of the time you can sort through the ones that are bogus one liners.. seems to me like Facebook and Google have to most exposure when searching so that's where people are looking first.. For $630 bucks I'd want my business to pop up first on an internet search and I don't see too many BBB reviews when I'm searching online

Comment

I never paid their shakedown cost when I had my paint business, be like putting an ad in a phone book.....

Comment

scam

Comment

Originally posted by WCB View Post
                          I didn't know the BBB was worthless. Just hired an electrical contractor from the BBB A+ list (had bids from 3 A+ rated companies) and got a great job and price on a house re-wire. All three beat the pants off of one of them TV commercial electricians. Milestone Elec was double the price of my three quotes...
                          Yeah, but I bet those 3 bbb contractors dont have a bald guy lip syncing the milestone electric song. Gotta pay extra for that good stuff.

Comment

Working...
                          X