No announcement yet.

Bit By Moccasin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Peace of mind is worth whatever quality snake boots cost.

Comment

we are going snake boot shopping for the kids this weekend. they are coming out in full force. I'm still looking for a cheap 410 for the wife to carry when they walk around the property. I hate snakes!

Comment

My lacrosse snake boots saved me a hospital trip last year. Copperhead popped my twice, once on the outside ankle and once on the inside ankle. Was walking down a creek bed after dark without my light on coming out of my hunting area. Turned around and turned my light on after I felt/heard the pop. Dropped a 20 pound rock on him after he struck at me again. Snake boots are a very wise investment.

Comment

Glad you're okay. Way to listen to Grandpa!

Thanks for sharing the lesson for us. All need reminders.

Comment

Originally posted by texansfan View Post
            This is why I don't take my kids (4 & 2) to our land.
            They are exposed from neck down
            I hear ya. Mine have to stay in the Mule unless we are in camp.

Comment

Somebody was looking out for you. It takes time to put on snake protection but it beats the alternative.

Comment

That could of been a lot worse. Had a 3' rattlesnake hit me on my snake boots years ago. I never go in the woods without them.

Comment

I'm glad that you didn't get bit. That was too close.

Comment

Great story glad you wore them, Thanks for sharing I'll be wearing mine next time out after reading this.

Comment

Glad your okay. 1:45 with a hike is a long time for help. Thanks for the reminder.

Comment

Glad that thing didn't get you buddy!

I stopped wearing snake boots when I stopped hunting in the South Texas brush country.

But here recently I'm seeing more copperheads than ever in the river bottom and some moccasins as well.

My cattleman said he saw a really large timber rattler the other day and I thought about snake boots; you're experience made me order some new ones

Comment

Yep, I've been in the woods my whole life and never felt the need to worry about snakes. This past year I had 5 close encounters in east Texas, 2 with copperheads and 3 with moccasins. Also there were several threads similar to this and our GS brother Skeeter getting hit on his porch by a copperhead while holding his snake boots in his hand, well that put me over the edge... bought me some LaCrosse rubber snake boots and wore them all season. I don't know if it was because of all the Harvey flooding or what, but we seemed to have had more snakes last year in our area than ever before, and they were seemingly more aggressive than ever before... Genuinely gave me the heebie-geebies and spooked me. Have a place now in South Texas leased so I will be purchasing a good pair of leather or similar snake boots for when the rubber ones are too hot...

Thanks OP for posting!

Comment

I have a bad habit of bypassing the snake boots and putting on regular work boots. I’ll be wearing the snake boots this year for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Get u some of these and you can go on the offensive!!
                              Attached Files

Comment

Cheap and Work!

1st, glad you are ok!!!!!!

Don't know about everyone else, but I've never had a pair of "snake boots" I felt comfortable in. So, I still wear my ole' Wolverine work boots and "snap" these on whenever I'm in snake country.

Yeah, they are a little hot on the portion of you leg above your boots, but easy to put on and easy to take off. Posted pics of these several times in the past on similar threads, but they work!!

About $25 +- at Academy...hard shell, flexible plastic that cover up to your knee and flexible. I always carry two pairs in my truck. Be safe! Oh, work great when weed eating as well when wearing shorts in the summer......
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X