Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Smart View Post
    Since July? Of this year? [emoji2]

I’ve fed 11 years, 365 days a year and save for the two weeks in that period I brought the feeders home to completely strip/sand them down and repaint, they have never been without feed. I average 10-15 deer a sit.. up to 20plus and like I said above, don’t recall ever saying man I need to shovel this deer **** out of here. And I’ve never noticed my deer shying away from my pens because there was deer **** in them.

Take some pics and post ... I’d like to see what you consider a problem.
    I’ll try taking pics but I’m expecting they may turn out sh#%*y!

I’m not saying deer shy away, just thinking it can’t hurt and might even help. Are most of your deer does by chance? Due to the large ranch next door, many of mine are mature bucks so the scat is significantly larger than normal and hardly any does ever get in this particular pen.

Comment

Originally posted by Plain Lucky View Post
      Noticed that idea in an earlier post and I think it could work. The pen that it’s heaviest in has a super stand of Bermuda that could make it a little more difficult but it’s worth a shot.

I’d like to see a pic of your pen with grass in it.

Most I’ve seen are dirt.

Comment

Cleaning out deer scat?

I’ll try taking pics but I’m expecting they may turn out sh#%*y!

I’m not saying deer shy away, just thinking it can’t hurt and might even help. Are most of your deer does by chance? Due to the large ranch next door, many of mine are mature bucks so the scat is significantly larger than normal and hardly any does ever get in this particular pen.

If I have 15 Deer in my favorite blind, 10-12 will be bucks. I usually see 3-4 does a sit. Sometime more, sometimes less.

It’s pretty much 50/50 in my other one.

Comment

Originally posted by txtimetravler View Post
          I’d like to see a pic of your pen with grass in it.

Most I’ve seen are dirt.
          Most of mine have always been dirt as well. This one is near water so if guess that must have something to do with the Bermuda being so thick. I’ve even mowed it down several times with the DR Trimmer. It’s 12 panels so it’s a large pen also which helps spread the traffic. Also, the spinners are West Texas feeder supply 12 volt and those things sling corn way further than most, too far for my preference in fact.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Plain Lucky; 01-01-2018, 11:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
            If I have 15 Deer in my favorite blind, 10-12 will be bucks. I usually see 3-4 does a sit. Sometime more, sometimes less.

It’s pretty much 50/50 in my other one.
            This particular pen has about 1/2 the traffic that your favorite blind does, maybe even less. There is a large wheat field about 75 yards away so maybe they are leaving there, hopping into my feeder pen, eating a few bites of corn, and taking a load off before getting a drink and going to bed lol.

Is your feeder in a pen?

Comment

Build a bigger feed pen!

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                I'm still pondering the " Deer are like us in many ways" comment

How?

Well my buddy Ralph did get hit by a truck while chasing a potential girlfriend across the highway.
                Cousin Eddie does pee all over his legs and rubs them together.

Uncle Earl is completely bald from rubbing his head on tree limbs.

Who doesn't poop where they eat?

Now that I think about it, I see your point
                The does at my place is just like my wife. once a year

Comment

No. Never even thought about or considered doing it.

Comment

Cleaning out deer scat?

This particular pen has about 1/2 the traffic that your favorite blind does, maybe even less. There is a large wheat field about 75 yards away so maybe they are leaving there, hopping into my feeder pen, eating a few bites of corn, and taking a load off before getting a drink and going to bed lol.

Is your feeder in a pen?

Yes. All our feeders are in a pen, ... corn, protein, alfalfa, and a water system with trough.
                    Last edited by Smart; 01-02-2018, 07:58 AM.

Comment

[ame="http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=e7lc7_Ifkis"]I Can't Even Believe That's Something That's Real - The Foot Fist Way - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

Originally posted by tkuehn5410 View Post
                        We've always shoveled deer scat when we see a lot of it before a hunt and put it underneath the deer blind to help reduce/confuse deer with the scent.

Now that’s a genius idea....
                        I might start putting it in a cloth sack in the bucket I store my hunting clothes in for the same reason. I might smell like $#]+ but it make a great cover scent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

- They save money on their auto insurance with Geico... this list goes on....

Almost missed this little gem. That was a good one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

If you could ship some of your deer down to Jackson county that would be great! I can hardly see a deer over a weekend span, and you gotta shovel **** in between feed times

Comment

Lmfao

Comment

Originally posted by 125Dad View Post
                                The does at my place is just like my wife. once a year

Comment

Working...
                                X