Mesquite Country Sausage Recipes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mesquite Country Sausage Recipes

Ok. I began getting so many emails that i decided to just post my excel sausage recipes on here for everyone. If you have any questions let me know. Just click on it and download it to your computer.

Homemade Sausages.xls

Flavored Sausages.xls
    Last edited by mesquitecountry; 10-20-2008, 11:26 AM.

Has anyone tried the recipes yet? How are they coming along? If i need to make modifications let me know. Also if anyone has processing questions feel free to ask.

Comment

All I can say is they are wonderful. The spread sheet is da bomb. I just had my first piece of regular that I am drying in the garge last night. Excellent. I am drying 50 links. The Italian is mouth watering and the brats are very good. Boiled some in beer the other day then put them on the grill. AWESOME.

Comment

I made about 50 pounds for the employees at work today for breakfast tomorrow. Man the smell is awesome. I love fresh chorizo. It is great working for a meat processor.

Comment

I'll work with chuck and mods. to get this put back in.

Comment

Originally posted by mesquitecountry View Post
            Ok. I began getting so many emails that i decided to just post my excel sausage recipes on here for everyone. If you have any questions let me know. Just click on it and download it to your computer.
            [ATTACH]16082[/ATTACH]
            Nothing is coming up for me??

Comment

Attachment reloaded.
              Hunting Videos & Flickr Pix

Comment

Travis, where did you learn to do this kind of stuff?

Comment

Tommy,

I work for a sausage company in Waelder. We produce about 1.5 million pounds of the stuff a week. Plus my minor from A&M emphasized on Processed meats. But I just have a knack for creating things out of meat.

Comment

Travis, what about dried sausage? Thanks, ET

Comment

Ed,

The easiest thing to do is. After you've smoked all your sausage go ahead and package it. Whenever you want some dried sausage just pull out 4 or so rings and dry using the following method. you can do it in a smoke house but it's much easier to do in a food dehydrator.

Use a food dehydrater to dry your sausage. or you can use your convection oven if you have one.

Set either unit to 165 degrees and dehydrate for 8 hours. Pull off and let cool. Dont place them in ziploc bags they will mold quickly. Put them in a brown paper sack with paper towels or just leave it out if you can.

Try my Jalapeno and Cheese Recipe dried it's awesome!

Comment

Thanks much. ET

Comment

Nice work Travis. Thanks for sharing. I plan on trying this out once I get enough meat in the cooler.

Comment

I was wondering in the recipes it has pork and venison mixed. I do a lot of hog hunting so I dont have venison and was wondering if I could just use more pork in its place. I have tried the sausage making kits that you see at like academy and places like that but it always seems to come out DRY. The next time I will be testing out these recipes.

Comment

Rabid,

You can substitute just about any meat in that place. You just want it to be generally lean. If you're looking at it eyeballing the fat if it looks like it's got about 20% white (fat) you're good to go. Making good homemade sausage is not an exact science. If you want to try something go for it.

Comment

Working...
                              X