1978 Bronco...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1978 Bronco...

I bought this Bronco from a member(Kactus Killer, I think) for my then 15 year old son. We have been working on it over the last couple yrs, have mainly replaced the all the suspension bushings/parts and basically all the "unseen" parts. I finally took it to the paint shop and got it painted. Keep in mind my now 17 yr old is the driver, so I am not going to sink big bucks into a paint job. Maybe if the old Bronco hangs in there for his mid 20's we will do a full restore. Old girl is not looking bad and runs like a scalded azz ape! I had it painted the factory base color, that way we go factory 2 tone later on. Before/after pics...he was an pumped up/proud teenager
    Attached Files

Great lookin' Bronco! I love those 78/79 straight axle monsters! The sliding side windows are icing on the cake.

Comment

Originally posted by banzai View Post
      Great lookin' Bronco! I love those 78/79 straight axle monsters! The sliding side windows are icing on the cake.
      Its a factory XLT Ranger, has the 70's shag carpet, A/c, all factory...but no radio from the factory ....its cool. Its got a nice little cam with some chop, fenderwell exit headers and I added Flows to complement the side exit exhaust in front the rear wheels

Comment

good lookin rig there!

Comment

Sharp bronco

Comment

Looks good!

Comment

Nice!

My favorite year model for Broncos!
              Ultramatic Feeders

We're paratroopers, Lieutenant. We're supposed to be surrounded......

/l _ ,[____],
              l---- L-- -OlllllllO-
              ()_)--()_)---o-)_)

Comment

OJ approves.

Comment

SWEET ride.

Comment

I remember when that was for sale! I had a '78 when I was in high school. Wish I still had it! Looking good!
                    My Flickr Photos

Comment

Very nice. :thumbup:

Comment

Hey that bronc looks familiar. It was a rare find to have one of that age, in that condition basically all stock head to toe.
                        Sure loved driving that rig but glad someone is putting it to better use. Hope he enjoys it. Keep the pics coming.

Comment

And I second the haul azz!! That thing would get it. It had been sitting in a garage for about 8-10 yrs when I bout it. Filled the fuel tank, flushed the carb, new battery, aired up tires and drove it home.

Comment

I still have mine. Black with orange stripes over hood and sides. Got it my junior year and love it. Has a 400 under the hood and hauls ***! Wish i had more time to work on it.

Comment

Q

Originally posted by KactusKiller View Post
                              Hey that bronc looks familiar. It was a rare find to have one of that age, in that condition basically all stock head to toe.
                              Sure loved driving that rig but glad someone is putting it to better use. Hope he enjoys it. Keep the pics coming.
                              We were in the right place, time to buy this. Right after I got it home and inspected/tagged etc we went to Port Aransas and cruised the beach. We were in line to get on the ferry and a guy comes up asking about it.....well he offered 5k to buy it right there. I looked at my son...he said NO WAY!! Now me I would have called a Taxi and signed the title over. He loves this bronco! I kept all the trim and goodies and hope to restore it later on and i think it will make it as he very protective of it. Its a lot of fun to pull into a drive through and see the kids drooling over it as the motor/truck chops away with the cam in it. The Ecoboost aint got nothing on the old skool 351M..smoke em every time!

Comment

Working...
                              X