Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To close to call

Comment

NO WAY! He's not likely more than 12". Look at guidelines in book and there's a drawing that'll help you- if the the ears, in the alert position (sticking out sideways), reach the insides of the beams he's 13" Here in South TX the general rule is 14" to the ear tips, in the alert position; so, this method depends slightly on where you hunt. In your bottom picture the beam on the left barely reaches past his ear and the ear is folded back!! So, there's NO way this is a legal buck in a restricted county. Sorry

Comment

They're never quite as big as you think they are. I say not 13". And he doesn't look more than 3 1/2 in my humble opinion. Let him walk. He will be a real nice buck in a couple years.

Comment

nope...too narrow...even if it were close, it's better to let 'em walk...jmo

Comment

I say yes.

Seen some questionable deer shot in AR county a few times. Was very surprised to see the measurements as they were wider than expected.

Comment

In the third picture, his left ear looks to be in the "alert" position or close to it, and he looks outside that to me. So my "guess", for what it's worth, is that he's pushing 14". You should be able to get a better perspective after the velvets rubbed off and you see him in person.

Comment

I think he's short, 12" or so.

Comment

shoot away, he is >13"

Comment

Shoot him

Comment

i'd say go for it

Comment

He will make it!!!

Comment

yes.....