Joel Olsteen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ren087 View Post
    I agree!!! Mattress Mack was WAY more deserving.

Comment

I'm not a JO fan and I also agree that his sermons are motivational and feel good for banking on the collection plate.
      I will say that I see his side in not wanting people in the church. Do any of you remember how bad the Astrodome was trashed after Katrina? Not saying it would have happened again, but maybe that's what he was thinking.

Comment

Originally posted by Grndchecker View Post
        I'm not a JO fan and I also agree that his sermons are motivational and feel good for banking on the collection plate.
        I will say that I see his side in not wanting people in the church. Do any of you remember how bad the Astrodome was trashed after Katrina? Not saying it would have happened again, but maybe that's what he was thinking.
        I think that was exactly what he was thinking.

A) his “church” would have been trashed

B) he would then have to fix the damage and that costs money (probably free I’m sure) so it will cost him time only

C) his income stream would have slowed down for a few weeks and that that dog won’t hunt

Comment

I have a gut feel that Joel don’t love him some Jesus...Joel loves him some Joel...and money.

Comment

Originally posted by Playa View Post
            Not exactly sure what you mean, or getting at. For me it is disdain for him as a human being. I believe he is an example of 2 Timothy 4:3,
            “For the time will come when they will not tolerate sound doctrine, but according to their own desires, will multiply teachers for themselves because they have an itch to hear something new.”

I believe he leads people astray. Then again that scripture indicates, that the masses are asking for it. His messages aren’t much more than feel good, soothing, self focused messages of what God can do for man
            Well said...very well said.

Comment

Regardless of what he did or didn’t do, all I know is that when I was gutting my parents home, a crew from Lakewood Church 20 deep jumped in and helped knock it out in short order, then moved to the neighbors. Maybe compared to Matress Mack, he didn’t do as much. All I know is it wasn’t a crew from Gallery Furniture who helped me. So yeah, I’m pretty grateful and would argue that it was a well deserved award.

Comment

Originally posted by elkaholic9292 View Post
                Regardless of what he did or didn’t do, all I know is that when I was gutting my parents home, a crew from Lakewood Church 20 deep jumped in and helped knock it out in short order, then moved to the neighbors. Maybe compared to Matress Mack, he didn’t do as much. All I know is it wasn’t a crew from Gallery Furniture who helped me. So yeah, I’m pretty grateful and would argue that it was a well deserved award.

Sounds like the crew of 20 deserved the award

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by savin yours View Post

I'm pretty sure the award was to recognize the Church itself. They just presented it to Olsteen.

Comment

Doesn't seem like you've ever volunteered with a church group before.......

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
                      Doesn't seem like you've ever volunteered with a church group before.......

Oh there’s been plenty! I was simply stating that the group should be recognized.

Comment

Used to watch his sermons sometimes and never was a fan. Never did go 30 minutes without mentioning money, but then again, that seems to be popular in a bunch of churches nowadays. Just never did get a good feeling of the guy.

Have no problem admitting I’m biased and have no proof but when he left the church closed I couldn’t help feeling what I’ve always felt - guy’s a snake

Comment

Oh there’s been plenty! I was simply stating that the group should be recognized.

The group is part of the Church. The Church was recognized. The face of the Church was presented with the award. That's how these things work.

Comment

Originally posted by Clay C View Post
                            The group is part of the Church. The Church was recognized. The face of the Church was presented with the award. That's how these things work.

Well, I must have come across wrong. This was not a dig at anyone, I was trying to give an [emoji1303]to the workers who volunteered. I understand how it works.

Comment

Well, I must have come across wrong. This was not a dig at anyone, I was trying to give an [emoji1303]to the workers who volunteered. I understand how it works.

Got ya. I didn't think you were digging anyone. There just seemed to be an attitude that the award was for Olsteen personally. The way it reads that doesn't seem to be the case.

For the record I'm not an Olsteen fan. Any man with hair like that is hiding something in it.

Comment

Originally posted by Clay C View Post
                                Got ya. I didn't think you were digging anyone. There just seemed to be an attitude that the award was for Olsteen personally. The way it reads that doesn't seem to be the case.

For the record I'm not an Olsteen fan. Any man with hair like that is hiding something in it.
                                Ditto!

Comment

Working...
                                X