Help with high cholesterol

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got my blood drawn for life insurance policy. All fine except cholesterol a little high. What can I do to get it lower?

Work out and diet

Comment

Nurse at my doctors office said to take Omega 3 fish oil, which I already was taking and to try Niacin flush free.

Comment

i get mine checked again next week for same reasons.

i cut out the fried foods and excercised a bit more.
        have already dropped close to 20 lbs and am at my high school weight

eggs and shrimp were the other two things i really like that i cut out since both are high in cholesterol.

been eating a bunch of steamed veggies, fish, venison

hopefully the blood test will come back with better results this time

Comment

there are several supplements and changes to your diet that will help. Increase your fiber intake is helpful as well

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
            there are several supplements and changes to your diet that will help. Increase your fiber intake is helpful as well
            X2

I take these

Comment

I got put in prescription crap. It kinda sorta worked. Started taking red krill oil and dropped the meds. After 3 months my triglycerides dropped almost in half and my bad cholesterol dropped to the top of range from way up.

Comment

A dietary option was not available for my cholesterol. I unfortunately have to take Pravistatin. Good thing is that since I have been taking i,t my levels are finally in the normal range. It is a bummer, I hope diet and exercise will work for you. I apparently have some poor genetics when it comes to cholesterol.

Comment

Originally posted by Ragin' View Post
                  I got put in prescription crap. It kinda sorta worked. Started taking red krill oil and dropped the meds. After 3 months my triglycerides dropped almost in half and my bad cholesterol dropped to the top of range from way up.
                  Just recently got some of that. Did it also raise your good cholesterol?

Comment

Diet is going to be huge, as well as exercise. Just like mentioned above.

Eat like a diabetic.

No sugars or fried foods; stick with fruits and veggies, good meats. Nuts are a good thing.

No soda. No booze. No candy or desserts.

Add in a little activity, and that will help move things along.

All that said, some folks seem to be genetically predisposed to have high cholesterol numbers. I have a buddy that is a cyclist, extremely low body fat, eats nothing but fresh organic foods, and still has to take meds for his cholesterol.

Comment

Originally posted by Digitalhunter View Post
                      Just recently got some of that. Did it also raise your good cholesterol?

Yessir. And It won't rot ur liver out!

Comment

Got mine down with eating oatmeal with table spoon brown sugar and sweet n low. Every morning

Comment

Originally posted by warrington View Post
                          Got mine down with eating oatmeal with table spoon brown sugar and sweet n low. Every morning

I tried that. I heard it worked so I just ate the hell out of it. 12 pounds later had to swap tactics. My butt was gettin big!

Comment

Originally posted by Gummi Bear View Post

Eat like a diabetic.

No sugars or fried foods; stick with fruits and veggies, good meats. Nuts are a good thing.

All that said, some folks seem to be genetically predisposed to have high cholesterol numbers. I have a buddy that is a cyclist, extremely low body fat, eats nothing but fresh organic foods, and still has to take meds for his cholesterol.
                            dang...might as well call it a day. You sure thats not what they eat in hell?

Comment

Originally posted by Gummi Bear View Post

Eat like a diabetic.

Im pretty sure this sums it up to dont eat/drink anything. Not much left to choose from.

Comment

Working...
                              X