Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tpack View Post
    The beaches around Destin are great.
    Yes, Destin beaches are stellar and I've been many times. Been to the Atlantic side a few times as well.

With that said, Florida (even the Keys) isn't even comparable for Scuba diving to places like Cozumel, Cayman, Belize, Jamaica, etc.

So while the USA does have some good beaches, one can't say that Mexico and the Caribbean, don't have things to offer the USA doesn't. Year-round tropical weather as well.

I would also agree, I-10 East from TX to Florida is brutal. Lots of big-rig traffic most the way, tons of wrecks, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Playa View Post
      There was a family of 4 from Iowa found dead in their resort in Tulum, not far from Cancun. Not sure the cause, but the report makes it sound like the cause of death was suspicious
      My cousin's wife was one of the kids teacher last year. They were from their school district.

Comment

I love Mexico but we are going to South Padre this year instead of the original plan of Cabo. Maybe overly cautious but there seems to be quite the struggle for control that has never effected the tourist areas before. Just kind of spooked right now.

Comment

I have a Mexican friend that HAD 2 houses there, he sold both and will not go back too dangerous for him! What does that tell ya!

Comment

NO! I can't take my equalizer with me and besides that...can't run with these dam knees anymore. But, you younger folks go and have fun! I still remember when you could go to Matamoris, other border towns and not worry...those days are gone!!

Comment

It has been a bloody eight months for the resort towns of both of Mexico’s coast, heightening concerns that the country’s ongoing drug war could leave more tourists dead and threaten Mexico’s multibillion dollar tourism industry.

Comment

Yes.

Comment

Nope. I was finished with Mexico a long time ago.

Comment

Nope
                    Read the other day it's the new murder capital of Mexico.
                    Loved the place the times I've been but unless they fix their problems I ain't going back

Comment

Iowa family found dead in Mexico https://www.cnn.com/2018/03/23/us/iowa-family-dead-mexico/index.html

They very well could have died from carbon monoxide poisoning or pesticides, but I’m still not going to that area.

Comment

I wouldn’t go to Mexico if someone paid me.

Comment

You fellers scared of Argentina too? Headed there April 5.

Comment

Dang just read this thread one one screen while looking to use my United Miles Rewards to go to Cancun on the other. ....second guessing.

Comment

Yes

Comment

We just got back from Cozumel flew into the island and out of the island no ferry for me but had a good time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Working...
                                X