I think my drawlength is too long

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think my drawlength is too long

I measured it before i ordered my bow, but i shoot with a release that adds maybe a half in. I am pretty sure this is keeping me from shooting like i should. Granted its been like this for the 5 years I have had my bow and it could just be the string is stretched waaay to far. But since I am wanting to get a new string, would it be a good idea to let a shop measure me with my release before I call the folks at Korbin?

Measure from finger tip to finger tip. Divide by 2.5 that's draw length. You can also get adjustable release.

Comment

The string may have stretched, but you need to put the string that is recommended back on the bow. AT least that is what I would recommend. You can adjust your draw by either the D loop, possibly with modules on the cam/cams or by what is mentioned above, shortening your release. Lots of ways to measure draw length and they are just a starting point. None are perfectly accurate from one person to the next.

Comment

yes.

Comment

if you think it's too long it probably is. if you just want new strings do it.

Comment

yep

Comment

Working...
            X