Simple Carne Guisada

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CMeyer View Post
    It's in a jar like the fajita seasoning. I saw it last night at our HEB down here in Taylor and thought no way can that be good but I will give it a try. I have a pot of the Caldo kit that HEB has i nthe meat section on the stove right now.

It sure smells good and hopefully tastes good too.
    Thanks,

I'll search our ghetto HEB, and I bet I can run across some there.

cb

Comment

I made some today, however I veered away from the recipe some. I added a chopped onion, 5 cloves choppes garlic, 3 chipotles in adobo, and an extra tbsp of the seasoning. I added the seasoning from the beginning and cooked in my pressure cooker. When the meat was tender I added potatoes and cooked for another 15min in the pressure cooker. My wife and grandmother loved it so much they ate it all.

Brandon

Sent from my Droid

Comment

All recipes can be improved, but if you haven't tried this, follow the label first and then decide if find the need to change it. I like adding a few potatoes, but I don't change the seasoning.

Comment

I made some last night and it was GOOOOOD! Quick and easy. I added a little bit to the pork when I was browning it, but other than that followed the directions on the bottle.

Comment

Great stuff! I added some roasted green chili to spice it up. Outstanding!

Comment

FYI--Weekend before last I entered a fundraiser chili cookoff, I don't do chili, but it was for a good cause. I was running late and when my chili was almost done I needed a thickening agent. I had forgotten to bring anything, so I dug around and found a little of the Carne Guisada seasoning and decided why not. Well my why not turned into a 2nd place trophy! Thanks Bolners!
              Attached Files

Comment

It is great stuff, been using it for years. I add 2 cans of tomato sauce and one can of water or until meat is covered then throw in a couple of serranos and add the Carne Guisada seasoning to taste.

Comment

Been using it for a few years now. Good stuff and easy! Made it on a few hunts and the crowd has cleaned it up!

Comment

Will have to try this one. It sounds good!

Comment

this stuff is awesome!!!

Comment

I just tried this tonight and it was as good as any carne guisada I have had in any restaurant!

Thanks for the info!

Bisch

Comment

this is awesome stuff

Comment

Well ya'll talked me into it. Bought some yesterday and I have a 2lb deer roast thawing out right now and will be on the menu for tomorrow evening. Looking forward to it!!

Comment

Made a batch tonight. Wanted to try out the Fiesta seasoning. Turned out really good and can't beat it for simplicity.

Comment

Gonna try it.

Comment

Working...
                                X