Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lets play score the deer...

Hey guys,

I think I am the worst hunter at scoring a deer. We have a camera setup to video behind a 5 acre greenfield I planted on our lease in Oklahoma. Saw tons of does and a couple small 6 and 8s. Then this guy showed up a couple of days ago. I can hunt until Jan 15th in Okie land with a bow.

I have a couple of questions:

1. What do you think he scores? (sorry I had to pull the stills from a video)
    2. Best guess on age and points.
    3. Should I go chase in for the next two weeks?

Thanks!

Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	51.6 KB
ID:	25042243

Name:	2.jpg
Size:	51.7 KB
ID:	25042244

Name:	3.jpg
Size:	51.5 KB
ID:	25042245

Name:	4.jpg
Size:	51.7 KB
ID:	25042246

Name:	5.jpg
Size:	51.3 KB
ID:	25042247

Name:	6.jpg
Size:	51.3 KB
ID:	25042248

Really hard to judge age by these pics. If I had to guess id say 3.5-4.5. Im seeing a 10pt. Short tines hurt his score but he is wide. Id say 120"-125".

Go chase him! Cool buck and good luck!

Comment

I agree pretty much with Antlers86. You may get lucky and be in the 130s but that would be it. How big is your biggest deer? If this deer matches or is better thatn you have your answer to shoot...

Comment

Antlers86: Thanks for the eval, he is big for this property. This place is only 120 acres.

Rando: He is the biggest I have seen on this place, they shot a 12 ptr @ 150 across the road last year.

Comment

I'd be after him! I can't even guess at the score looking at the pics on my phone!

Good luck!

Bisch

Comment

I'll play... I agree with the mid 120 range (gross) but I will say he's mature, maybe a little older maybe not. How's that for a definite maybe, shoot him and we'll get some better pictures. Good Luck!!!

Comment

Comment

I like to think that I am above average guessing the score and age of deer. Like the others have said above, it's almost impossible to do it from the pics provided...but let's play the game anyway.

My age guess is 4. Looking at the blurry antler pics, he looks pretty wide and with decent mass. It looks like he might have 10 or more, kind of short, points. I am going to say the above guesses are a bit small, I am going to guess mid 130's...maybe, just maybe as high as 140. A fine deer in any case and and shoot him if you get the chance.

Comment

Thanks guys!

Chunky: With that guess I might just have to chase him all next weekend...

Comment

119 7/8, tine length hurts him a bunch.

Comment

Question

Originally posted by Target-panic View Post
                      119 7/8, tine length hurts him a bunch.
                      How can you guess that with any accuracy out to 7/8ths from the pics given?

Comment

Conway: Pretty sure Target-Panic was yanking on my leg.

Target: Cracked me up so bad I wasted a Dr. Pepper on the iMac...

Comment

Originally posted by conway View Post
                          how can you guess that with any accuracy out to 7/8ths from the pics given?

Comment

Originally posted by live2hunt View Post
                            conway: Pretty sure target-panic was yanking on my leg.

Target: Cracked me up so bad i wasted a dr. Pepper on the imac...

Yep, Ground check him and let us know. Good Luck!!

Comment

No more than 130. As stated above thos short tines don't help. But man he is wide. I'd take him.

Good luck..

Happy New Year.

Comment

Working...
                              X