Bob Lee recurve or Sarrels?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bob Lee recurve or Sarrels?

I am shooting an old Bear but my daughters and I are considering doing some archery tournaments for 4H. I am debating between Bob Lee (probably used) or a Sarrels (new). Bob Lee is much more expensive.

Also, my Bear is 55# at 28" and although it's good for hunting, I would think less poundage would be better for competition. Would #45 or #50 be better for this?

Todd

Yes. Lower poundage better IMO.
    The Lee grip is closer to the Bear you have been shooting, i think, but it depends on what you want know.

Comment

Now...%€#$@ autocorrect.

Comment

Nobody can tell you wether you will like a Sarrels or Bob Lee better. You should shoot each and decide which feels better to you. If you go to a TBoT shoot after the first of the year, I'm sure you could find someone with each of those who will let you try them. I have a Sarrels Bobcatt takedown that I would be glad to let you shoot.

I can't answer the draw weight question. I do all my shooting with my hunting setup.

Bisch

Comment

I have owned a Bob Lee and it was great. My daughter has a Sarrels Blueridge and it too is nice. It's a hard choice! I sent an email to Bob to see what he has in stock. I also sent a PM to someone on TBH with a Bob Lee for sale. We'll see who has something that'll work.

Todd

Comment

I know Bob and Zach have an excellent line up of bows for kids of all ages. My daughter moved up to a Foothills when she was 13, has been shooting it for almost three years now and loves it.

Comment

Sarrels has enough models of bows to meet anyone's needs.

Comment

Well, anybody who knows me very well knows my favorite bow on this earth is the Blueridge! Good luck finding which is best for you!

Bisch

Comment

I have bows made by both "Texas Bobs". A 50# Blueridge made by Mr. Sarrels and a 55# recurve made by Mr. Lee. I love them both and I'm not more accurate with one over the other. As to your draw weight question - for me 50# is perfect for a bow which will be equally used for hunting and 3D. Plenty of power to kill anything I will be hunting, and comfortable to pull during a 30 or 40 target 3D course without getting tired.

Comment

I own both, and both are good bows. Just personal pref. like stated above...shoot both and decide.

Comment

Sarrels. No question. Better value, better bow.

Comment

On tradtalk.com there is a sweet Blueridge 47# longbow for sale. I have a Bob Lee and have never shot a Sarrels. Cant go wrong with either by what I hear. BTW, I love my Bob Lee. Check out footed shafts website also for good used bows.

Comment

Own them both and would take a Sarrels any day. Just my 2 cents...

Comment

If you decide on a Bob Lee, call me, 5126267628, I've got a Bicentennial I'll make a great deal on, 56@28!

Comment

Originally posted by Limbwalker View Post
                              Sarrels. No question. Better value, better bow.
                              This ^^^

Comment

Working...
                              X