Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First attempt at a three shot trad group...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Run!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Pedernal View Post
      Thanks fellas! At this time I am just trying to develop decent and consistent form. Building up the strength to hold the bow at anchor is challenging and I will need to improve on that.

I wanted to end the practice seccion on a good note so I put the bow away after the group. I plan to just keep shooting without too much emphasis on arrow impact but really try to remain consistant and hope to keep groups close. Any and all advice is highly appreciated.
      One piece of advice, post pics of your bow. Just because we like looking at bows.

Comment

Originally posted by CRM_95 View Post
        One piece of advice, post pics of your bow. Just because we like looking at bows.
        Will do tomorrow...

Comment

Great job. Now that you are "Hooked", Mortgage the House, sell a Kidney and Cash out your 401K because it is going to get expensive.

Comment

Originally posted by CRM_95 View Post
            Here are the pics of the bow.
            Attached Files

Comment

Great looking bow!!

Comment

Here is a group from today's shooting... Not as tight as before but still on target. At this point I am just trying to stay consistent and build strength. I tried a group from 30 yds and put two on the bag and one was three feet off but luckily still on the horse mat. Any advice on building up strength while still keeping decent form would be greatly appreciated. And just for info, I am a left handed shooter just in case someone wants to add additional advice on why my shots appear to be mainly going left...
                Attached Files

Comment

Still not bad!! You're doing good!! You'll build strength the more you shoot. It's amazing how it seems like you use a completely different set of muscles shooting a trad bow instead of a compound. I'd just stay close (10 yards or so), and shoot paying close attention to your form. When you get tired, just stop.

Comment

Shoot closer than that. Build form close. Close you can reasonably hit close to where you want to hit and not worry so much on that as you do form and follow through. I shoot ten yards and less a lot. Especially if I have a day where I'm struggling at longer ranges.

Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk

Comment

Group from today at 15 yds which is what I will be sticking to for the most part... It's just too fun not to fling arrows from other distances
                      Attached Files

Comment

In the beginning it is hard to work on form from 10-15 yards. You are too busy aiming. I know it might not be "fun" to shoot at 5 yards or less, but this trad thing is a game of patience. For the rest of your life, it will be a game of patience.

At 5 yards or less, you will be able to just stare at the target and work on form and proper release. Work on your draw cycle. You stance, posture, anchor, clean release, follow through. These things are so much easier to do when you don't think about making adjustments for aim.

After a while, take a few steps back and keep working on it.

If you want to keep it fun do this. Take a small paper pie plate (say something 5" in diameter. Start off at 5 yards. When you can go 5 for 5... take a step back. If you can't do 5 of 5, step closer.

Comment

The 5 yards thing was tough for me but it only took a few days until 7 yards, 8 then 10. 12 to 25 took a while. Right now twenty is Getting better but that's after 6 months of shooting all the time.

Comment

Welcome to the addiction.
                            That WILL NOT be your only trad bow - trust me.

Comment

Ok so my shoulder/back is getting stronger and I can shoot a bit more. Now my fingers are starting to feel a bit sore at the tips. Do I just need to work through this until the finger tips develop a callus??? Or should I just shoot a bit less??

Comment

I eased off. Shorter sessions but a couple a day.

Comment

Working...
                                X