Pocket knife?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pocket knife?

So who makes a good folding pocket knife. I want a case folding knife type, to carry around in a leather holder on my belt. I know some of the companies have gone down hill over the years. I have a real nice case but would rather not use that for work. Looking for a locking type. Should I just go with a case?

What steel should I like for?

Around 100$ at the most, less would be better.

Case Trapper and never look for anything else.

Comment

I have this one that Lord willing, Ill carry until I die. Also have my Grandfathers thats an ivory handle sharpened down to a toothpick he carried for 30 years.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Trapper and not a lock back?

Comment

Originally posted by Calrob View Post
          I have this one that Lord willing, Ill carry until I die. Also have my Grandfathers thats an ivory handle sharpened down to a toothpick he carried for 30 years.

That’s awesome! How was the handle made? How old is the one in the picture?

Comment

That one is 3 years old on fathers day. Ive cut and skinned everything with it. Use a ceramic to keep the edge on.

Comment

I like the Kershaw Leek models because I can open with one hand. They do lock.

Comment

Its a knife you can buy from Case. They do the handles, its production but it means more to me than anything. My boys saved and pooled their money for it.

Comment

Originally posted by Calrob View Post
                  Its a knife you can buy from Case. They do the handles, its production but it means more to me than anything. My boys saved and pooled their money for it.

I can imagine it does, that’s pretty neat

Comment

Love my Case mini copper lock, more pocket sized, i think there is a larger version.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Doesn't lock but all I've ever carried is a case sod buster. Love that thing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Boker Tree Brand
                        Eye Brand

Comment

Yea, lock back knives are for high school girls. Been carrying a Trapper since I was a tot. Never saw a need for anything else.

Comment

I'd love to carry a knife each day but it's to the point that many of my customer's facilities prohibit them that I don't. I keep one tucked away in the truck if I need it but I do miss it sometimes.

Case is the gold standard for every day use, I have many but prefer to carry an auto opener or other tactical style.

If by chance you are every near Spurger, Texas you need to stop at Mott's Hardware, they've got the largest selection of knives in the country. Their online site is TKC Knives, Facebook too

Comment

Another fan of the case trapper. Use it at work or out and about daily. Skinned a deer or two with it too

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X