Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Florida Stand Your Ground Shooting. Prison time or Miller time?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Justified. The guy shot violently pushed the shooter to the ground and was basically asking for someone to out thug him. I'm also assuming the the shooter has a lot more knowledge of the caliber people in that area so he was packing for a reason.

Comment

Originally posted by stinkbelly View Post
      From the video it looks like the dead guy is the aggressor. I don't care that he had a kid and girlfriend. I don't know anything else about the story.
      He took an argument/loud voices to a physical altercation - his choice was a wrong one in picking that type of responses to someone that was armed.
      He didnt run away or walk away.. he took a step back when the gun was pulled..but didnt take off.
      We dont know what was said.
      We dont know what else might have led to the trigger being pulled.
      But we do know is that Armed guy was pushed down violently and stood over by a bigger person.

The shooter didnt look like he was capable of getting up and away quickly..(age, previous injuries/ailments, or hurt during hitting the ground..dont know) but he didnt bounce right back up..

The shover came out aggressive, did NOT walk away..did NOT turn his back until AFTER he was shot.

There is nothing in that video that indicates a definitive answer to whether or not the shooter was acting in accordance to stand your ground laws...but nothing that says he broke it either.

but to say hes definitely in the wrong is a bit presumptuous based on that video...

hes gonna pay in civil court.. if this thread is any indication.

it certainly kick started a flurry of emails from texas law shield today regardless.

Comment

This is partly why I do not carry on me full time. It is in my backpack, not too far away in most cases. You don't shoot someone because they push you. You push back. I'm not that dang old yet.

Comment

that is a tough one for sure. without audio, I can say it doesn't look good for the shooter.

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
            This is partly why I do not carry on me full time. It is in my backpack, not too far away in most cases. You don't shoot someone because they push you. You push back. I'm not that dang old yet.
            You push me, i'm front kicking you straight in the middle of your winger shirt.

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
              He took an argument/loud voices to a physical altercation - his choice was a wrong one in picking that type of responses to someone that was armed.
              He didnt run away or walk away.. he took a step back when the gun was pulled..but didnt take off.
              We dont know what was said.
              We dont know what else might have led to the trigger being pulled.
              But we do know is that Armed guy was pushed down violently and stood over by a bigger person.

The shooter didnt look like he was capable of getting up and away quickly..(age, previous injuries/ailments, or hurt during hitting the ground..dont know) but he didnt bounce right back up..

The shover came out aggressive, did NOT walk away..did NOT turn his back until AFTER he was shot.

There is nothing in that video that indicates a definitive answer to whether or not the shooter was acting in accordance to stand your ground laws...but nothing that says he broke it either.

but to say hes definitely in the wrong is a bit presumptuous based on that video...

hes gonna pay in civil court.. if this thread is any indication.

it certainly kick started a flurry of emails from texas law shield today regardless.
              100% agree

Comment

Originally posted by stinkbelly View Post
                From the video it looks like the dead guy is the aggressor. I don't care that he had a kid and girlfriend. I don't know anything else about the story.
                I haven't heard if the white guy was cussing her out or just suggesting she not park there and should park next to where he was parked. He did point to the empty spots away from the HC parking. Doesn't look like he's berating her as news people are suggesting. And yes the black guy did escalate by shoving the white guy to the ground but you can tell when the gun was drawn that the black guy took a step back and to the side like he didn't want any part of the gun. That's where, in my mind, it changed from self defence to murder...

Comment

You push me, i'm front kicking you straight in the middle of your winger shirt.

LMAO!!

Comment

Originally posted by WCB View Post
                    I haven't heard if the white guy was cussing her out or just suggesting she not park there and should park next to where he was parked. He did point to the empty spots away from the HC parking. Doesn't look like he's berating her as news people are suggesting. And yes the black guy did escalate by shoving the white guy to the ground but you can tell when the gun was drawn that the black guy took a step back and to the side like he didn't want any part of the gun. That's where, in my mind, it changed from self defence to murder...

Watch the breakdown video above. The guy points out a part where he could be berating her...and he starts finger pointing... for what its worth.

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
                      You mean to tell us that if youre having an arguement with one person and some Bubba much bigger than you comes from your blindside and knocks, pushes you to the ground you're not reaching for that backpack?

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                        Watch the breakdown video above. The guy points out a part where he could be berating her...and he starts finger pointing... for what its worth.
                        Where he could be...

Or he may be bitchin and cussin up a storm. He just doesn't "look" like he's lost it or anything...

I still think he was wrong here.

Comment

The guy who got shot was CLEARLY backing away and starting to turn from the shooter. There was no need to fire.

Comment

Comment

one half step is not backing away.

Comment

one half step is not backing away.
                                Yes it is.

Comment

Working...
                                X