upper island wilderness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

upper island wilderness

Has anyone ever hunted the upper island wilderness in zavalla?

I haven't hunted it but I had a few leases around the Angelina. If you want to do some scouting in there and want some company let me know.

Comment

will do
      looks pretty dang isolated!

Comment

That's what I like. I have a GPS, ONX app, and hike a ton so we should be good.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Comment

Lots of hunters in there honestly. Not bad hunting though

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

upland island is huge. It is surrounded by roads for easy access. I does get crowded along the roads. I bet if you hike in a few miles you can find some isolation. Much of it is beautiful Longleaf pine. They have been burning the past few years which may have helped the habitat. My avatar photo was taken in upland island.

I don’t plan to hunt it this year but would love to hike it with you guys.
            I know my way around there fairly well.
            PM me if interested.
            Last edited by backwoods; 07-21-2018, 08:11 PM.

Comment

Hunted it a few times, deer are HIGHLY educated. Place gets a lot more pressure than you would think.

Comment

I have hunted there the last three years. No shots yet. Deer are there. I am not in the stand enough. The north end is a little more crowded than the south end. Lots of national forest land around it that is good also. Hogs are hit and miss on numbers.

I hike in a good ways to the area I hunted last year. Also, have found good scrapes within 200 yards of main roads. I just like to get away from people. The deer are used to the roads.

Comment

Found two fresh scrapes yesterday on our first scouting trip. One was under the tree that usually has a scrape or two every year.

Comment

Working...
                  X