2018 RSA bound - round #2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Me and dad are rolling out and will be in Joberg tomorrow afternoon! We have Blue Wildebeest, Bushbuck, Impala, Eland and Oryx on the punch list! Can’t wait to see my friends with Marvel Africa Safaris again. Weather will be choice and the hunting will be even better. Can’t wait to get in the Bush! I will try to post as much as possible!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good luck post pics please when you can!

Comment

Good luck!

Comment

Following sir!!! Headed to RSA on August the 2nd …………….gonna be fun!!

Comment

Don’t know why Tapatalk isn’t letting me post pics but I’ve got some to post. It’s still real green over here and there is still plenty of water and it’s made the hunting tough. We chased Wildebeest Monday and Tuesday, saw 11 Bulls but no mature shooters. Wednesday we switched it up and got on the board with a nice Impala Ram. We quickly drug him behind the blind and got back in. Not even an hour later we scored and put a 26- 1/4” Golden Wildebeest Bull down. The 560 grain Deep Impact running 20% blew through him, buried in a tree and resulted in a 50 recovery. Dad finished up his Spiral Slam with the .375 taking a nice Eland Bull on the same day and a toad of a Nyala. Dad also got his Gemsbok Wednesday as well.

We have a 11-12” low pig on camera and are in the blind now, so we will see!

Comment

Comment

We had a great week. Saw a 11 WB bulls the first day but no shooters. The second day hunted a different property only to have our hunt ruined by a Baboon troop. The big male spotted us in the blind and stayed and barked for the next five hours, just flat burned the spot. Wednesday I took a nice 24” Impala Ram at 25 yds and we just drug him behind the blind since it was still early. About an hour later we glassed a herd of Zebra coming to water. Wildebeest like to hand out with Zebra so we got ready. Sure enough the two Golden Bulls were with them. I took the big Bull which measured 26-1/4” and he only went about 50 yds.

Dad was able to finish up his Spiral Slam with a nice Eland And Nyala and also scored an awesome Gemsbok. It was a heck of a week but I’m glad to be home and see the family again. Can’t wait to get back and do it again soon!

Last edited by muddyfuzzy; 06-18-2018, 05:53 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X