Best Shotgun for every season.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best Shotgun for every season.

Ive been shooting an old Winchester SX1. Its probably getting to be around 30 years old so im gonna retire it. It started to have a few hiccups late last season. So I'm looking into a new shotgun before dove season and was wanting some opinions on what to buy.

This gun will be 99% for dove, but i do have occasional opportunities for waterfowl on the cost and turkey. so id like it to be multifaceted.

i only have a few caveats.

1. must be able to shoot 2-3/4" as well as 3" shells.
    2. needs to be synthetic.
    3. budget is up to 1K
    4. auto loader. This one is not a definite deal breaker but the gun i'm retiring is an auto so im just used to it.

so far ive handled some stoegers, franchis, and barettas. I'm shoot left handed so i like that the safety on the barettas can be swapped for a leftey, and that they have the shims to change the drop and cast, but i think the shim system is used on most of the modern guns.

not a big shotgun guy so i was just looking for some options.

I did the same thing with my 1100. It was time to give it a rest. I bought a Vinci and the first weekend I took it on a dove trip everyone gave me grief about the ugliest gun on the market. By the end of the weekend they didn't have much to say when I was the first back at the truck drinking beer. I love it, it's a little out of your range but I looked at all three you posted and a few more and the Vinci felt the best to me. I have a buddy with a stoeger 3000 I think and he says it's been solid.

Comment

best auto for money

best auto for the money look into the beretta a300. the black synthetic is $700. based off reliable beretta system. will not let you down.

if need to shoot 3.5 inch look at the a350.

Comment

Originally posted by BBReezen View Post
        I did the same thing with my 1100. It was time to give it a rest. I bought a Vinci and the first weekend I took it on a dove trip everyone gave me grief about the ugliest gun on the market. By the end of the weekend they didn't have much to say when I was the first back at the truck drinking beer. I love it, it's a little out of your range but I looked at all three you posted and a few more and the Vinci felt the best to me. I have a buddy with a stoeger 3000 I think and he says it's been solid.
        yeah i handled a vinci last night at the LGS and it was by far my favorite out of anything ive picked up, but i told my self i wouldnt go over 1K...time will only tell how that works out

Originally posted by cominahead View Post
        best auto for the money look into the beretta a300. the black synthetic is $700. based off reliable beretta system. will not let you down.

Those two are currently the top of my list. i think the A350 is an awesome gun but i'm kinda bummed it only comes with one choke.

Comment

Check out the new Remington V3. It is getting some good reviews.

Comment

Originally posted by cominahead View Post

I have an A300 Outlander and it is a great bang for your buck shotgun for different seasons

Comment

LOVE my A 300

Comment

Go look at a benelli, versa max, Beretta, and Browning. Buy the one that fits you best.

Comment

Benelli SBE

Comment

Benelli M2

Comment

Browning Gold's fit me the best. Half the fun is the search.

Comment

Try a browning a5. The new one. You might could find one around a grand used but youd have to look

Comment

Put a wrights tune-up kit in the SX1. Good to go

Comment

Originally posted by DUKFVR View Post
                            Check out the new Remington V3. It is getting some good reviews.
                            I was going to suggest the same thing; the a300 is another good one at your price point but I'd give the V3 a hard look before putting my money down on anything else. I'm not in the market right now but I've been excited about that gun since they announced it last year, on paper it looks to be one of the best bang-for-your buck 3" autoloaders on the market right now. I'm purposefully avoiding going to look at them to avoid the temptation!

Comment

Thanks for the replie guys, I was already leaning towards the barrettas and I've located a v3 to go look at this evening. Gonna check it out and probably make my final desicion.

Comment

Working...
                              X