Tikka Scope Ring Sizes Help Request

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tikka Scope Ring Sizes Help Request

Contemplating putting a 50mm objective on my 25/06 Tikka T3. Before I go about that, what ring height size would I need? It will have a 30mm tube as well. Figured the rifle guru's can help out with height and brand. I did some minor checking, and I'm right inbetween medium and high. I'd rather measure twice and buy once kinda thing. Use for the scope is hunting out to 300yds, and in due time, shooting as far as the cartridge will allow me to, probably 500-600yds. Thanks, Eric

Need to know what kind of base also as a rail will be different

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
      Need to know what kind of base also as a rail will be different
      The base is integral, but I don't know what type. With the rings they give you, you might be able to put a 50mm objective scope on. I don't have mine in front of me so I couldn't say for sure. But those are 1 inch so it doesn't really matter. Good luck, you could choose a worse rifle and you could choose a worse caliber

Comment

Check this out:

Another batch, ready to roll. If you already have some, you can send them in to be milled for $30/TYD. New sets $60/TYD Full Story, Talley Modification

Comment

Ah. I'm not real familiar with the tikkas. I will say from the sounds of it, it's just like a ruger set up and you'd need high rings for that.

Comment

Thanks all. Its much appreciated.

Comment

I could also put an egw base on the rifle, which may allow the use of medium or even low rings. Would I even need a 20moa base to go out to 600 with a 25/06, or would a 0moa base be sufficient.

Comment

I wouldn't use the integral base. Get you a set of Leupold standard bases and medium standard rings and you should be good to go.

Get you a scope with a good adjustment range like a VX-3L and you won't need a canted base.

Comment

I have a set if brand new Burris XTR picatinny style steel bases I'll make you a hell of a deal on. Had the XTR 30mm high rings to go with them until yesterday. I couldn't get the spacing how I wanted it for my new VX6 scope I put in the fun so I went in a different direction. The integral bases on Tikka rifles suck. I learned that one the hard way.

Comment

I put a dnz 30mm tube one piece mount medium height to clear my 50mm scope perfect fit. direct mount. clean and simple

Comment

Originally posted by bowhuntermac View Post
                      I have a set if brand new Burris XTR picatinny style steel bases I'll make you a hell of a deal on. Had the XTR 30mm high rings to go with them until yesterday. I couldn't get the spacing how I wanted it for my new VX6 scope I put in the fun so I went in a different direction. The integral bases on Tikka rifles suck. I learned that one the hard way.
                      I may take you up on that depending on ring availability on the interweb market for those bases

Comment

Originally posted by cominahead View Post
                        I put a dnz 30mm tube one piece mount medium height to clear my 50mm scope perfect fit. direct mount. clean and simple
                        Saw those too. How much lapping was required? Thats the one thing I dont have right now, and dont want to spend the extra on those tools for a one time use

Comment

Any standard picatinny rings would fit. Burris XTR, Leupold MK4, Warne, etc. They are solid just didnt wok with my scope and Im a dumbass and didnt keep my receipt!

Comment

On my tikka rifles, I have the Sako OptiLock setup in medium and it clears my Vortex 50mm scope. I also have the EGW with Burris Signature Zee rings in medium with another Vortex 50mm scope with no issues.

Comment

My vote would be Talley Lightweights. Mediums should give enough clearance for a 50mm with scope caps.

Comment

Working...
                              X