Need flyfishing guide for redfish in Rockport area

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need flyfishing guide for redfish in Rockport area

I have searched but not been successful in locating one in Rockport or Port Aransas. My friend in Corpus and I want to flyfish for reds. Any specific recommendations on guides that you have used in that area?

I've never fished with the guy, but I've heard nothing but good things about Capt. Mason Matejcek. I'm planning on fishing with the guy in the near future!

Comment

Originally posted by smithb164 View Post
      I've never fished with the guy, but I've heard nothing but good things about Capt. Mason Matejcek. I'm planning on fishing with the guy in the near future!

http://captainmasonm.com/
      This. Fished with him last year and caught a bunch of reds.

Comment

Originally posted by Derrik View Post
        This. Fished with him last year and caught a bunch of reds.
        Thanks! We will check him out.

Any others?

What is the best time of year to target reds?

Comment

https://docsfishingclinic.com/about/ Marcus is a great guide and just fun to spend time on the water with.

https://www.flyfishrockport.com/ Has a group of guides they use, but Jeff Johnson is the main poc and guide.

I've had the most luck in the fall, weather is better. Wind and tides seem to cooperate a bit more, fewer folks on the water. Just don't go during duck season.

Comment

Used to fish with Dean Thomas (Slowride Guide Service) when I was getting familiar with the area and I really liked him. Had my best day by far on reds with the fly with him.

Comment

You need to go fly fishing for TUNA!!!!!

Comment

Joe Mendez if you don't mind fishing a little further south.

Corpus Christi fishing guides with Captain Joe Mendez fishing the Laguna Madre and Baffin Bay. Come enjoy some of the finest fishing on the Texas Coast.

Comment

I will be going out with Hector soon, give him a shout. The boat it setup super sweet for fly fishing!

*+1 (361) 219-2982‬

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
                    I have searched but not been successful in locating one in Rockport or Port Aransas. My friend in Corpus and I want to flyfish for reds. Any specific recommendations on guides that you have used in that area?
                    I don't know any fly fishing guides who can push a wheel chair.

Comment

Chuck Naiser has been guiding fly fisherman down there forever. Eric Knipling is a good guide down there also.

October-February is generally the best time to be targeting reds in shallow water, but they can be caught all year round.
                      Last edited by El General; 07-18-2018, 03:52 PM.

Comment

Chuck Naiser is an excellent fly fishing guide there and he is almost as old as you are. You would have some one to talk WW1 stories with.

Comment

Originally posted by Draco View Post
                          Chuck Naiser is an excellent fly fishing guide there and he is almost as old as you are. You would have some one to talk WW1 stories with.
                          Ha ha...not!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Draco View Post
                            Ha! When I got in touch with him, he was celebrating his 50th wedding anniversary in Galveston!

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
                              Ha! When I got in touch with him, he was celebrating his 50th wedding anniversary in Galveston!
                              He can be laconic to say the least, but there is nobody knows that area better than he does.

Comment

Working...
                              X