Beginner drum set

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beginner drum set

My son is 15 and he is taking an interest in playing the drums. He's had a couple of lessons, already has a drum pad and a set of sticks, and if he wants to progress will eventually need a kit. What is a good beginner set for him to start off with and grow?

Pearl vision if you are going to buy new.

But musicians are always broke and dropping impressive gear. I have seen a ton of deals on top end kits around.

I would get him a used Pearl kit for 2-500.

Show him what Bonham and Jojo mayer do with small kits. Its skill not how many drums. He should be looking for a snare,rack tom, floor tom and bass drum. A hi hat, Crash and a ride. That's all he will need. Everything else is fluff (I have a lot of fluff) But sheet music is written for that stuff.

Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by spread5150 View Post
      Pearl vision if you are going to buy new.

But musicians are always broke and dropping impressive gear. I have seen a ton of deals on top end kits around.

I would get him a used Pearl kit for 2-500.

Show him what Bonham and Jojo mayer do with small kits. Its skill not how many drums. He should be looking for a snare,rack tom, floor tom and bass drum. A hi hat, Crash and a ride. That's all he will need. Everything else is fluff (I have a lot of fluff) But sheet music is written for that stuff.

Good luck.

Thank you sir

Comment

Working...
      X