Scrap lumber potting station....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scrap lumber potting station....

So the wife wanted a potting station for the back yard. I gathered up all the scrap lumber I had from past projects and let the creative juices flow.

After a few beers, and quite a bit of table saw work, I think I have something that will work for a while.

The back piece is a cheaply made wall decoration. The cabinet portion I covered in roughing tar paper to keep out as much water as possible. I'll need to figure out a way to repel the black widows and such.

I used old fence pickets for the sides and back and then a pair of old oak cabinets set doors to seal up the front.

I cheated and bought wood for some of the top.

Yes, those are scrap pieces of 4x4's you'll see in the pics.

We also have an antique porch lantern my wife's grandfather made by hand. That will hang over the station once we get it in the back yard and run electrical

We will paint it a drab green all over but also want to accentuate the top and door centers with a shade of white that will complement the green.

I'll try to upload pictures of the progress so far.

Uploads are failing from the Orthopedists office. I'll need to get them when I get to the house.

Comment

Hopefully the pics will upload now.
      Attached Files

Comment

Pleeeeezzzzzzeeeee--don't let my wife see this or either of my two lady friends from church!!

Comment

My wife gets on TBH from time to time. Hopefully this thread gets whacked for some reason before she sees it lol ! :-)

Kidding aside awesome job sir !

Comment

That is awesome!

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Sorry guys...I need to at least get it painted before killing the thread

Comment

That looks awesome! Forgive my ignorance but what exactly is a potting station?

Comment

A place to work the potting of flowers and plants.

Comment

Apologies for the absence of posts with progress. Had to take a short break to recover from a light case of pneumonia.

This new pick is the initial paint job I did on the station. Also, plugged as many craks as possible with rope and sealant. It matches the outside home colors. Need to add the lamp post and the hanging pot holders.

Still need to move it outside with the help of my son. Really need to get otout of the garage.

Hope you enjoy.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Awesome work sir!!

Comment

That came out very cool. Great idea and great job making it come together!

Comment

Thanks folks.

Comment

Turned out great

Comment

Working...
                            X